any golf punters about ?

Shades111

Morning all. 

Gone for Schauffle, Reavie and Hatton in the Phoenix event.

Haven't looked up much on this one, just names I fancied after not putting any bets on the golf in a few months so probably unwise. 

Reavie was following you guys general picks, so if he wins I'll buy you a beer ?

• Keeemon 1

Im pretending this weekend never happened. I had a list of about 8/9 players for both events that I priced up, few more in the US. Seems like all the ones I decided not to bet on are doing well. Li, Kuchar, Laird just to name just a few. I thought Li would come back fighting this week, but he was just too short. Wouldn't have done DJ and never ever bet on Ricky Fowler as he never wins. whats he got a handful of wins in 8 years at best?..... Zanotti riding high in T5 after 2 rounds, can't even cling on to a T20 by the end wtf. Frustrating. there's always next week. Better brush up on my Aussie players for the next 2 weeks, sure Rumford will be in my bets somewhere.

Could have been worse, someone probably had a lot of money on Garcia this week, gutting to lose money that way. DQ'd for damaging the course, not seen it but what he take a bulldozer to the green or slam his club down in temper??

On 31/01/2019 at 09:26, Luke_B_123 said:

Morning all. 

Gone for Schauffle, Reavie and Hatton in the Phoenix event.

Haven't looked up much on this one, just names I fancied after not putting any bets on the golf in a few months so probably unwise. 

Reavie was following you guys general picks, so if he wins I'll buy you a beer ?

Early season, so always good to keep the bets small, lot of big events coming up next month, almost every week i fact, when players would have stopped their early season tinkering with swings and clubs and are fully focused. So best to concentrate on them anyway. 

Been a frustrating week thats all i can say....

5 minutes ago, Luke_B_123 said:

Reavie (and Schauffle) both finishing strong today, Xander too late, but Reavie still could nick an e/w place. 

Crunchie, funny saying Fowler never wins and he's having a mare today! 

Chez (silly name) T4 as I type, done him in 2 bets but bog all to go with him. Think last year or year before Fowler choked when leading here. I just think for a player of his ability he doesn't win enough. Bit like Gary Woodland, and Finau is getting there.... good for a T5 but not the win. Hope he proves me wrong one day and wins a major. Not as dislikable as some of the pro golfers these days.

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemon Chez!  short for Chesney?? don't say he was named after Chesney Hawkes ?  Keemon Chez be Luke's One and Only 

Chez just about saved me, but I only had 20 quid on anyway. Ended up making a pound or 2 overall - so thank you gents I guess is in order! 

Hatton had come down from 70/1 to 22/1 after day one and don't even think he made the cut, xander plodded along. Will do some proper reading on next one (and probably do worse...) 

• Good Luck! 1

3 tournaments this week, and have to do it this morning  as the Aussie event will start wednesday night . Gotta say the value lies with the Champions Tour this week. most are top 5, but even tho Im not using them for this, Paddys are going top 6 in a 70 odd man field !! whereas most firms are only top 6/7 in the full 140+ fields. so doing a couple of singles from there this week.

EW SINGLES

JM Olazabal  400/1 (CT)

M. Calcaveccia  200/1 (CT)  

TOP 20 DOUBLES

B. Harkins 8/1  or   G. Murray  12/1  (PB)    WITH     N. Flanaghan  9/1   or   A. Pike  11/1  (VO)

TOP 10 DOUBLES/TREBLES

JM Olazabal  35/1  or   M.Calcaveccia 12/1 (CT)   WITH  L. Glover 10/1   or   K. Kisner 8/1 (PB)

E.Toledo  11/1  or  P. Broadhurst  11/2 (CT)  WITH  S. Jeffress 16/1  or  M. Millar 5/1(VO)   WITH   Gay  16/1  or  Snedeker  6/1 (PB)

EW TREBLES

T. Gillis 28/1  or  P. Broadhurst 75/1 (CT)   WITH  S. Kim 50/1  or  J. Harding 25/1(VO)   WITH   M. Kuchar 25/1  or  L. Glover 100/1 (PB)

R. Goosen 20/1  or  E. Toledo  150/1(CT)   WITH  A. Rai 33/1  or  McLeod 40/1 (VO)  WITH  B.Snedeker 66/1  or  P. Mickelson 28/1 (PB)

WIN ONLY SAVERS

B. Langer 11/2  or  R. Goosen 20/1  WITH   DJ  6/1  or  M. Kuchar  25/1 (DOUBLES)

THEN AS ABOVE BUT SMALL TREBLES WITH  J. Janewattananond 20/1  or L. Herbert  18/1

Under my £20 budget so a bit of money just in case I fancy some in-play action. Good Luck

• Keeemon 1

@Shades111 have a break for a few weeks and see if your luck changes. some big events next month,then it will soon be The Masters.... come back refreshed for them plus we should have more form clues by then. I know you've only done my size of bet this week, but don't bet for the sake of it. I will hold the fort.

Hope the new job is treating you well, keep meaning to ask.

Good Luck for this week

12 hours ago, Crunchienut said:

@Shades111 have a break for a few weeks and see if your luck changes. some big events next month,then it will soon be The Masters.... come back refreshed for them plus we should have more form clues by then. I know you've only done my size of bet this week, but don't bet for the sake of it. I will hold the fort.

Hope the new job is treating you well, keep meaning to ask.

Good Luck for this week

problem is with taking a break is risking the chance of players i do regularly of bolting home which would likely happen the form i am in right now , will stick to small ball stuff for now , cheltenham and masters on the horizon and putting a few quid by for those at moment .

new job going fine mate , thanks for asking .

decent rounds from bland and ikeda last night ,both -6 so not a bad start , hope a couple in US can do the same tonight .

good luck !!

Put my last 2 bucks on during break this morning , price has collapsed on Sneds since i done him, so put Grace in as he played well last week and Palmer who I done in recent weeks, played quite well and i thunk overpriced. So done a T5 cross double....and a small 50p ew Ryan Palmer at 125/1.

Grace 13/2  or  Palmer 20/1 ( PB)  with   Monty 10/1   or   Triplett  9/1 (CT)

Ha that guy that leads in Australia is my top 20 man, 200/1 ish at the start, but one of the best players on the Aussie tour at the mo. I totally missed Adam bland was playing otherwise i would have put him in. Good Luck, I will follow his progress, and see how things are the weekend..... further  bets possible, especially now the re are no horses

My one and only hope for a return from this weekends shambles is Lucas Glover getting a Top 8. Gillis was a NR for me in the Champions Tour, so I'm hopeful of still getting a nice e/w double with Justin Harding.. Unless Broadhust shot a last round of 61 or something, its my only hope......

Oh, and Harkins currently T22 to get a top 20, as Flanaghan done the biz in Australia.

Edited by Crunchienut

Ended up with just over my money back last week thanks to Lucas Glover, could have done without the place share, but a wins a win. Having a go at 4 different events this week mainly other than in the super 6's, the faves really stand out, so was looking for some value.... and then the Super 6's is tough, so just having a go at the strokeplay market for now. May have a look at further bets the weekend.

TOP 10 DOUBLES/ TREBLES

L. List  10/1  or  L. Oosthuizen 5/1 (GO)  WITH   T. Lawrence 10/1 (DDPA)  or  P. Sanksansin 13/2 (S6)   WITH    T. Petrovic  9/2  or  D. Clarke 10/1 (CC)

C. Champ 10/1  or  K.Na  12/1 (GO)  WITH  A. Dodt  10/1  or  H. Endycott  16/1 (S6)   

EW TREBLES

A. Scott 40/1  or   L.  Ooshuizen  50/1(GO)  WITH  J. Ahlers 20/1  or  JP Strydom  66/1(DDPA)   WITH   S.McCarron  20/1  or  D. Toms 14/1 (CC top5)

R. McIlroy 14/1  or  L. List  100/1 (GO)   WITH   B. Eccles 100/1  or  J. Harding 22/1 (S6)   WITH  B. Estes  25/1  or  W. Austin 33/1 (CC top 6)

TOP 5 TREBLES

Bubba 4/1  or  L. Oosthuizen 10/1  WITH  J. McLeod 14/1   or  L. Herbert 5/1 (S6)  WITH   S. McCarron 4/1  or  T. Petrovic 10/1

COUPLE OF RANDOM GUYS MY MODEL THREW UP AT THE SUPER 6S in T20's

M. Long  &  Hyowon  Park  (S6)   WITH   J. Vegas  &   K. Mitchell

SUPER SAVERS

R. McIlroy  or  Bubba   with   T. Lewis (S6)  or  S. Stricker (CC)

Good Luck.... there may be another bet incoming.....

On 03/02/2019 at 11:31, Crunchienut said:

Im pretending this weekend never happened. I had a list of about 8/9 players for both events that I priced up, few more in the US. Seems like all the ones I decided not to bet on are doing well. Li, Kuchar, Laird just to name just a few. I thought Li would come back fighting this week, but he was just too short. Wouldn't have done DJ and never ever bet on Ricky Fowler as he never wins. whats he got a handful of wins in 8 years at best?..... Zanotti riding high in T5 after 2 rounds, can't even cling on to a T20 by the end wtf. Frustrating. there's always next week. Better brush up on my Aussie players for the next 2 weeks, sure Rumford will be in my bets somewhere.

Could have been worse, someone probably had a lot of money on Garcia this week, gutting to lose money that way. DQ'd for damaging the course, not seen it but what he take a bulldozer to the green or slam his club down in temper??

I believe he had a temper tantrum on the green ,and damaged the putting surface with his club!!

• Like 1

At stupid O'clock this morning, knew I had forgot a line as a couple of my players from last week was missing, only a T10 double

N. Flanaghan 12/1  or  S. Jeffress  12/1   with   J. Kokrak  9/1  or  M. Laird  12/1

still may to an in play for the knockout stages of the super 6's tomorrow, and see if I had any disasters

• Keeemon 1

5 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

At stupid O'clock this morning, knew I had forgot a line as a couple of my players from last week was missing, only a T10 double

N. Flanaghan 12/1  or  S. Jeffress  12/1   with   J. Kokrak  9/1  or  M. Laird  12/1

still may to an in play for the knockout stages of the super 6's tomorrow, and see if I had any disasters

T10?

20 minutes ago, Poker said:

T10?

top 10 Poker, hard to keep up with golf bets as they are spread about thro a few different bookies, trying to find the best odds, like you do. Will try and do some horses today, too busy yesterday. Missing my Keegan PP's. Let me know how Aspers went in the horsie thread later... off to asthma clinic to have tests done now such are the joys of life.

• Chaching! 1

3 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

top 10 Poker, hard to keep up with golf bets as they are spread about thro a few different bookies, trying to find the best odds, like you do. Will try and do some horses today, too busy yesterday. Missing my Keegan PP's. Let me know how Aspers went in the horsie thread later... off to asthma clinic to have tests done now such are the joys of life.

Gosh, hope you have not been breathing in any mites or lava off the water samples in the lab crunch!!

On a serious point, hope all goes well.

Always seems to be late putting them up these days..... 3 events, having a bash at the womens Honda event too

EW TREBLES

A. Munoz  50/1  or  M. Jutanugan 28/1  (Hon)   WITH   S.Brown  28/1  or  M. Every  33/1 (PR)   WITH   X. Shauffele  28/1  or   Bubba  35/1

W.L. Hsu  100/1  or  A. Yang  28/1 (Hon)  WITH   N. Lashley  50/1  or   D. Bozzelli  40/1  (PR)    WITH   W. Simpson 40/1  or  H. Li  66/1 (WGC)

Top 10 Doubles

K.Aphibarnrat  14/1  or   A. Bjork 16/1  (WGC)    WITH    F. Jacobsen 16/1  or  D. Fathauer  8/1   (PR)

Top 5  Trebles

M. Jutanugam  or   IG Chun (Hon)   WITH   R. Diaz  or   S. Brown (PR)    WITH   P. Mickelson  or  B. Watson (WGC)

A. Munoz  or  A. Yang  (Hon)   WITH    M. Jones  or  M. Every (PR)   WITH   H.Li  or  X. Shauffele (WGC)

S. Fang  or  L. Thompson (Hon)  WITH   W. Clark  or  S. Munoz (PR)   WITH   M. Kuchar  or  M. Fitzpatrick (WGC)

SUPER SAVER

L. Thompson  or  A. Yang   WITH   R. McIlroy or  B. Watson  or  J.Thomas