Sign in to follow this  
Poker

What's your FAV Gamblers grub when you WIN.. and when you Lose!!!

Recommended Posts

As we all know (apart from our departed meat eater @Rocknrolla !) when you win a little or a lot, food tends to play a big part in a Gamblers life.. whether it be a massive shop at M&S food hall or a double trolley load at Aldi's... pop up your own photos or examples, try and keep it on subject as I think we also have a lot of varied eaters and dieters on TGC, so any advise or suggestions to them is more than welcome!

Just wondered if anyone else treats themselves, family or loved ones, to something special or just simply loves cooking and food anyway!! :thumbsup:

So to start the cooking / grub pix thread rolling.. photos welcome from all budding Jamie B'olivers...

WIN: I love tomahawk rump steaks and Scottish salmon as a treat, on a win! :fire:

&

LOSE: Ramen Noodles (real!) with duck eggs as a not so flush meal :DD:

* might add some grub pix here anyway, as got a rekindled love of Pasties recently from our our Pasty champ @Blampy 🙂

Edited by Poker
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never win so it's wagon wheels for dinner. Sometimes the rip off version called happy wheels if I've done the rent money again.

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super Noodles with mushrooms and a massive Sirloin steak when i was one of life's winners 

These days just Noodles 

lol 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, McSplooger said:

I never win so it's wagon wheels for dinner. Sometimes the rip off version called happy wheels if I've done the rent money again.

TGC is just so the opposite of sitting in the library, looking through all the mags for info to feed my sponge of a brain!! Happy Wheels, did not know they existed!!!!! 🙂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Super Noodles with mushrooms and a massive Sirloin steak when i was one of life's winners 

These days just Noodles 

lol 

What flavour super noodles though? Bacon surely.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Poker said:

TGC is just so the opposite of sitting in the library, looking through all the mags for info to feed my sponge of a brain!! Happy Wheels, did not know they existed!!!!! 🙂

They are like a triple layer, flavourless version. They taste like kinnerton advent calendar chocolate with cardboard on the inside. Sexy.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McSplooger said:

What flavour super noodles though? Bacon surely.

Yeh Bacon 

Id slice up the steak into thin slices and same with shrooms 

Flash fry them in wok 

Simple but really nice 

Edited by Bangers
  • Get In There! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good question @Poker.

Basically I live alone now so I eat to live not live to eat. 

If I win, probably a take away pizza. If/ when I lose, toast

Edited by david1111
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Poker said:

LOSE: Ramen Noodles (real!) with duck eggs as a not so flush meal 

ooooo fuck, they are hot those extra spicy Ramen Noodles. My ex girlfriend used to eat them like they were super noodles.It was like a torture trial for me.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Good question @Poker.

I eat to live not live to eat. 

Me too david... 😉

burger2.png

Snack time!!

Do not do take away's or the like, but 100% with you on the toast, as long as its butter.. not marg!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and beef super noodles are best, boiled until no liquid remains. Sometimes I add marmite to the water for extra kick. But those spicy Rahmen noodles are something else.

Treat meal after a win is usually steak, which is what I'm having this saturday....with creme brulee for pud. I been thinking about this all week. Smoked mackerel salad tonight, so I'm salivating over the prospect of steak n chips already. Rare!!! And I already got some Guiness in to help with digestion.

  • Like 1
  • Get In There! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

Oh and beef super noodles are best, boiled until no liquid remains. Sometimes I add marmite to the water for extra kick. But those spicy Rahmen noodles are something else.

Treat meal after a win is usually steak, which is what I'm having this saturday....with creme brulee for pud. I been thinking about this all week. Smoked mackerel salad tonight, so I'm salivating over the prospect of steak n chips already. Rare!!! And I already got some Guiness in to help with digestion.

This will keep you going until then Crunch!!!!

burger2.png

Peppermill do some of my fav cuts on a win treat, not the same as doing it yourself over an open pit or on an iron skillet pan in the oven.. but still yum!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

back in the day when i used to be a regular at my local casino this is something me and my mates always used to joke about haha , depending on how we ran as a group it would either be a nice meal in the Gcasino's 4* dining area or a double cheese burger and chips on the way home! from what i can remember it usually ended us eating in the back of a taxi on the way home without a pot to piss in! the night also depended on what pit boss was on , if it was the old man ( i never caught his name he was always refered to him  as the old man ) he would supply us with all the free drink we wanted! then as he planned for him it would end up us finishing off in maccies drive through! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jakefraser94 said:

The night also depended on what pit boss was on , if it was the old man ( i never caught his name he was always refered to him  as the old man ) he would supply us with all the free drink we wanted! then as he planned for him it would end up us finishing off in maccies drive through! 

Your not talking about @Solario333 are you jake!!! 🙂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As always Food is high on the list of Joys......Win or Lose I eat very well. Of course if I win a huge amount I will spend on the most expensive Foods I can find.... Whole Fillet of Beef, in a cream and Brandy sauce , Pan fried Asparagus, saute potatoes..... Hollandaise sauce on the side, and a bottle or two of Pouille Fuisse  ...... a dry white wine of impeccable vintage.  then for Pudding ..... creme Brûlée , or trifle.....  

or indian food , cooked by myself, as good as any you will find in a restaurant......Chilli  Chicken  in a thick sauce, potato Bhaji,with Black onion seed Coriander, ,Onion and Garlic. pillau  Rice , and a spinach Bhaji, done in butter and garlic.......served with Pear Cider...... and ice cream for after...... 

Shall I go on...... fresh salmon in a butter and Lemon sauce with Dill cream added, served with New potatoes, and green beans......  Champagne ...... 

Lobster in a butter sauce with huge prawns and a salad.......

Roasted  vegetables with Leg of lamb and a bottle or two of Chablis...... 

These meals are not for every day ..........But if I win ..... YUM YUM.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes to food, I do not play!

Win or lose, I'm always eating well 😂

Have a lovely Thai Restaurant up the road, and I'm usually in there once a week. Along with the only chinese restaurant in town, which is very good.

Have 3 superb curry houses to choose from.

Nice little Italian on the backstreets just up the road, too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marky147 said:

When it comes to food, I do not play!

Win or lose, I'm always eating well 😂

Have a lovely Thai Restaurant up the road, and I'm usually in there once a week. Along with the only chinese restaurant in town, which is very good.

Have 3 superb curry houses to choose from.

Nice little Italian on the backstreets just up the road, too.

Bloody hell. You're well sorted mate 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

As always Food is high on the list of Joys......Win or Lose I eat very well. Of course if I win a huge amount I will spend on the most expensive Foods I can find.... Whole Fillet of Beef, in a cream and Brandy sauce , Pan fried Asparagus, saute potatoes..... Hollandaise sauce on the side, and a bottle or two of Pouille Fuisse  ...... a dry white wine of impeccable vintage.  then for Pudding ..... creme Brûlée , or trifle.....  

or indian food , cooked by myself, as good as any you will find in a restaurant......Chilli  Chicken  in a thick sauce, potato Bhaji,with Black onion seed Coriander, ,Onion and Garlic. pillau  Rice , and a spinach Bhaji, done in butter and garlic.......served with Pear Cider...... and ice cream for after...... 

Shall I go on...... fresh salmon in a butter and Lemon sauce with Dill cream added, served with New potatoes, and green beans......  Champagne ...... 

Lobster in a butter sauce with huge prawns and a salad.......

Roasted  vegetables with Leg of lamb and a bottle or two of Chablis...... 

These meals are not for every day ..........But if I win ..... YUM YUM.

Have you ever tried ham, egg and chips

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this