Marky147

Cheltenham 2019

Only 3 months until Xmas for adults!!

4 days of heaven 😍

Season starting to hot up, and we've already been treated to some great racing.

Antepost books building, and being battered in equal measure, lol...

Say 'No time to get too involved next year', and almost always have ~200pts on by Xmas 🤣

• Like 6
  • Get In There! 2

Good thread marky. Samcro is 12/1 for the champion hurdle 

4 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

Good thread marky. Samcro is 12/1 for the champion hurdle 

12-1 for 2 reasons. It wont win and more than likely wont run. After being beaten easily on Saturday I imagine connections will step it up in trip and find another race for it. 

2 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

12-1 for 2 reasons. It wont win and more than likely wont run. After being beaten easily on Saturday I imagine connections will step it up in trip and find another race for it. 

It’s definitely running mate now here me out . Samcro will definitely improve as Cheltenham was and still is the only target, Elliott is likely to put a pace maker in the race which will suit samcro, the favourite may pick up an injury ( unlikely) , samcro will definitely finish in the top 3 which makes it better value backing e/ w than backing the favourite to win .

I hear you mate. MY thoughts are though the whole reason for running Samcro on Saturday was to find out how close they were to a champion hurdle horse. And based on Saturday they are quite a way away. I am sure GIgginstown will unearth something else for the champion which is what leads me to think they will find something else for Samcro. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1pstaker said:

I hear you mate. MY thoughts are though the whole reason for running Samcro on Saturday was to find out how close they were to a champion hurdle horse. And based on Saturday they are quite a way away. I am sure GIgginstown will unearth something else for the champion which is what leads me to think they will find something else for Samcro. 

O’Leary said on Sunday the samcro is definitely running in the champion but he has been known to  change his mind without giving a second thought to the punter mate 

3 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

O’Leary said on Sunday the samcro is definitely running in the champion but he has been known to  change his mind without giving a second thought to the punter mate 

Time will tell, suppose if my thinking applied to everyone, Buveur D'Air would have a walkover. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sirbetsalot said:

I'm there for the Thursday / Friday. Can't wait mate, first time ever going to Cheltenham 😁😁

You jammy git . 😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sirbetsalot said:

I'm there for the Thursday / Friday. Can't wait mate, first time ever going to Cheltenham 😁😁

Its a crush ..... madness.....but a wonderful Atmosphere.  However its best not to drive because the traffic is horrendous. You can get a shuttle form the station. Have plenty of EW anti-post and you will have a great time.... Good Luck.

Edited by Solario333

3 hours ago, 1pstaker said:

Were a long way from the meeting....the ground could change significantly ....Samcro may not be sufficiently race fit, and currently under par, but I would not be surprised if he placed on the day......stranger things have happened at Cheltenham....

1 hour ago, Solario333 said:

Its a crush ..... madness.....but a wonderful Atmosphere.  However its best not to drive because the traffic is horrendous. You can get a shuttle form the station. Have plenty of EW anti-post and you will have a great time.... Good Luck.

The only races I'll bet e/w antepost, are ones which I think might only end up having <8 runners, and I can get 3 places. Also, horses that are only ever likely going to one race - Mengli Khan for the Arkle.

Antepost punting is tough enough, and the first battle is getting your horse into the race you want. Don't want to be laying out double money on too many horses.

4 hours ago, Marky147 said:

The only races I'll bet e/w antepost, are ones which I think might only end up having <8 runners, and I can get 3 places. Also, horses that are only ever likely going to one race - Mengli Khan for the Arkle.

Antepost punting is tough enough, and the first battle is getting your horse into the race you want. Don't want to be laying out double money on too many horses.

Yes I' ve been caught few times..... But the prices should even out the risk at the end of the day.  

6 hours ago, Sirbetsalot said:

I went for my stag do first tine and couldn't remember much so had to go back and it is the must go to for anyone that likes drinking......and likes a bet. But queues for beer are huge, so stock up. Cracking atmosphere.

IF I go it will be on the Wednesday or Thursday.....?? 

Oh yeah, I live 20 miles away and traffic is horrendous....I can confirm that. Went/Picked up by mini bus last time took over 2 hours to go the 20 miles last year.

Edited by Crunchienut
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

Yes I' ve been caught few times..... But the prices should even out the risk at the end of the day.  

I wait until its no runner no bet if I bet anti-post. Nothing worse than losing your money on a non runner.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

I went for my stag do first tine and couldn't remember much so had to go back and it is the must go to for anyone that likes drinking......and likes a bet. But queues for beer are huge, so stock up. Cracking atmosphere.

IF I go it will be on the Wednesday or Thursday.....?? 

Oh yeah, I live 20 miles away and traffic is horrendous....I can confirm that. Went/Picked up by mini bus last time took over 2 hours to go the 20 miles last year.

the only bad thing is that you are not allowed to go outside the bar with your drink so your stuck in there like sardines 

• Like 2

I still think Samcro will go, as there is the only alternative is the Stayers.

Never be afraid of one horse etc.

However, he does have an entry for the Long Walk over Xmas.

As for approaches to a/p punting. There are many ways to skin a cat :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Solario333 said:

Flying down on the Wednesday and watching that day in the pub. Then up to get there bright and early on the Thursday 😁😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 4houghts said:

the only bad thing is that you are not allowed to go outside the bar with your drink so your stuck in there like sardines 

I have a flask of Brandy......

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

I have a flask of Brandy......

it was so cold when i went defo take a flask next time 

• Haha 1

I’ve been Cheltenham 3 times the last time was when Annie power fell at the last and saved the bookies millions (btw it was a bad fall and not Ruby’s fault) when they put the green screens around her the place went quiet everyone was trying to find out if she was ok I was standing right by the rail in the best mate enclosure next to a steward and he got a message through on his radio that she was ok. When the green screens were removed and she walked off the cheers from the crowd was something else I actually choked up a bit it’s something I’ll never forget the compassion shown that day was remarkable. Can you imagine how many people were on Annie that day? There 1st thought was we hope she’s ok absolutely cracking day 👍

• Like 3

7 hours ago, VillaLad said:

I’ve been Cheltenham 3 times the last time was when Annie power fell at the last and saved the bookies millions (btw it was a bad fall and not Ruby’s fault) when they put the green screens around her the place went quiet everyone was trying to find out if she was ok I was standing right by the rail in the best mate enclosure next to a steward and he got a message through on his radio that she was ok. When the green screens were removed and she walked off the cheers from the crowd was something else I actually choked up a bit it’s something I’ll never forget the compassion shown that day was remarkable. Can you imagine how many people were on Annie that day? There 1st thought was we hope she’s ok absolutely cracking day 👍

Great stuff mate, jump racing people are the best. 😁

• Like 1

Currently looking into get the train down. I fancy going I've never been. Plus it'll be nice to wipe the cobwebs off my dress and wear the new lipstick I got for Christmas 😂😂😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kinkerbells said:

Currently looking into get the train down. I fancy going I've never been. Plus it'll be nice to wipe the cobwebs off my dress and wear the new lipstick I got for Christmas 😂😂😂

Flavored?