Time for a lump bet??

Rocknrolla

I was just going through some odds and noticed you can get 8/11 on Arsenal at home to beat Wolves! There's no sure thing in football but 8/11 seems pretty generous and as I won good profit in Malta I was thinking of lumping a load of it on Arsenal. 

I've been fairly smart and transferred most of the profit from Malta to the missus but left myself some playable funds and as I doubt I will be streaming again this month was thinking of whacking the lot on it.

What do you guys think as I just can't see Arsenal losing??

• Chaching! 3

48 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

After that terrible display against sporting? anything i have bet on lately has lost so arsenal with probably win 5-0 lol

History says teams playing post europa league usually struggle. They may win but there must be better 8/11 bets amongst the the foreign league fixtures surely?? 

Edited by Crunchienut

50 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

So in a weird turn of events I have now bet on the Man Utd game to be a draw at 9/2, Matic and Gueye double to be both shown a card and arsenal game still thinking about! Will post the pics if they win ha

Random....that really is a weird turn of events. Think someone posted that some firms were doing Man U to win or draw was 9/2. Does seem a big price for a draw tho.

Good Luck, will check on that Everton player immediately.......

17 minutes ago, Denman said:

Gutted Pogba is out. His strength and ability to hold the ball is going to be a huge miss for United. 

assume he has a knock as he's not even on the bench. Huge blow ....until you remember one third of the Hair Bear Bunch has come in to replace him....everything is OK now ?

The lack of drive and passion in this United team is really disheartening. Right at the end, Sterling showboating in the corner, literally 5 United players stood around him, not one tried to get a foot in or get him off the ball. In years gone by he would have been absolutely smashed for doing that, the likes of Keane, Schoies, Neville, Fletcher, Vidic, heck even lesser players like Brown, O'Shea, Rafael, Park would have dived in and not been embarrassed.

Matic has either lost his legs or is carrying an injury, he has been so immobile this season, I do not comprehend how he is still in the team. Clearly missed Pogba, made a huge difference for United, he has been our best player in the last month or so and Matic, Hererra and Fellaini really struggled to retain possession and deal with the quick closing down, whereas that is one of Pogba's strongest attributes, he is fantastic at receiving the ball, turning with it under pressure and offloading it.

City are pretty much going to walk to the title again. They are just so strong in every department, from todays performance I would still say the keeper is a bit dodgy and the centrebacks, especially Stones are nothing special, but what does it matter when you rarely lose possession. To be quite honest as a United fan I would rather they win it than Liverpool anyway! City are bearable for me as they have practically purchased their dominance. People say they play the game right way, they laud Pep etc, its hard to disagree when you see them string together 50 passes and score a spectacular goal, yet and I think most fans will agree, due to how they have got there, its really easy to not give a shite about them. 

22 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

i cant believe how many times herrera gave the ball away also rashford needs gone he is not good enough end of story 

They have a kid that has been floating around the different age groups and absolutely bossing at every level he has played at so far. I think they have mainly been using him at u18s and dodging the u23s mostly as the u23s are fecking useless with a shit manager. Mason Greenwood, young centre forward, only Martial out of all of the first team attacking players is showing form. This kid has I believe 17 goals and 8 assists in his last 15 games.I do wonder how hes not getting on the bench at least. 

9 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

i cant believe how many times herrera gave the ball away also rashford needs gone he is not good enough end of story 

Not a natural finisher is he? Think he's worth sticking with tho as he cost nowt. But it's the overall lack of passion in the team that worries the fans, it's the same in a lot of teams, it's more the mindset of the modern footballer as opposed to the manager. Lukaku's form is poor, Sanchez is just at United for the money, Martial blows hot and cold and Rashford is pacey but can't finish and currently over hyped. but could improve. Pogba loves himself too much but has the most talent outside of DeGea. The rest of the mid field are too soft, not skilled with little pace.Mata I'm undecided about tho. Defence ? apparently they have one.....it's a  shambles. Though Shaw deserves more time in his defence. I thought Bailly might have become decent but the manager don't like him. Smalling  just daydreams too much, whilst Lindelof isn't a centre back, another who switches off and has no physical presence, BUT I would try him as a left back see how he gets on as he's pretty quick. Jones early promise but has regressed, poor on the ball and poorer at reading the game. Valencia is too old. There is something there as they have had some good results this season, it's just there is clearly something missing........ like 7-8 new players!!!

• Keeemon 1

Just now, Denman said:

They have a kid that has been floating around the different age groups and absolutely bossing at every level he has played at so far. I think they have mainly been using him at u18s and dodging the u23s mostly as the u23s are fecking useless with a shit manager. Mason Greenwood, young centre forward, only Martial out of all of the first team attacking players is showing form. This kid has I believe 17 goals and 8 assists in his last 15 games.I do wonder how hes not getting on the bench at least. 

Managers seem so reluctant to blood new young players. Rashford only came into the team due to a huge injury list at the time. This Sancho guy loaned from,  Man City?? but straight in the Dortmund team and doing really well. Why couldn't man city give him starts when Dortmund can?. They got Ben Foden who is England U19 capt, so best young player in England, he's lucky to get on the bench. Managers would rather pay 50mil and buy someone no one has heard of, as they are say Brazilian, cough cough Fred cough cough, than blood hungry new exciting talent. Why? Lets offer a new player 200,000 a week on a 5yr contract.  where's the incentive to play well, when your guaranteed that sort of money?? Bigger teams need to bring in bonus' as a bigger part of wages. Won't work lower down, but their incentive is to fight to stay in the Prem. On saying that some of the Swans end of last season showed zero fight even though they could get relegated...it was depressing.....

1 minute ago, Crunchienut said:

Not a natural finisher is he? Think he's worth sticking with tho as he cost nowt. But it's the overall lack of passion in the team that worries the fans, it's the same in a lot of teams, it's more the mindset of the modern footballer as opposed to the manager. Lukaku's form is poor, Sanchez is just at United for the money, Martial blows hot and cold and Rashford is pacey but can't finish and currently over hyped. but could improve. Pogba loves himself too much but has the most talent outside of DeGea. The rest of the mid field are too soft, not skilled with little pace.Mata I'm undecided about tho. Defence ? apparently they have one.....it's a  shambles. Though Shaw deserves more time in his defence. I thought Bailly might have become decent but the manager don't like him. Smalling  just daydreams too much, whilst Lindelof isn't a centre back, another who switches off and has no physical presence, BUT I would try him as a left back see how he gets on as he's pretty quick. Jones early promise but has regressed, poor on the ball and poorer at reading the game. Valencia is too old. There is something there as they have had some good results this season, it's just there is clearly something missing........ like 7-8 new players!!!

I like Bailly, he plays with intensity and I genuinely think hes the sort of centreback opposing teams don't like playing again, but he is really really rash. He lunges into far too many tackles, if he could regain his composure a bit better he would probably be pretty decent.

I am not sure I would say they have spent poorly, but more often than not the more recent transfers have not worked out. I mean who would have thought Sanchez would be so useless. Matic was good initially but seems to have lost it now. Lukaku is proving super inconsistent and his first touch is appalling for a professional footballer, the wall literally bounces off him as if hes a brick wall ?. For the amount of money they have spent, they are so lacking in so many areas. I mean I would say they need a rightback, at least 1 centreback, a right winger, 2 central midfielders and another striker. Thats 6 players and thats being generous. One of the biggest mysteries for me is why they sold Daley Blind, their most composed centreback who actually read the game well and distributed the ball exceptionally before the likes of Jones and Rojo?! 

1 minute ago, Crunchienut said:

Managers seem so reluctant to blood new young players. Rashford only came into the team due to a huge injury list at the time. This Sancho guy loaned from,  Man City?? but straight in the Dortmund team and doing really well. Why couldn't man city give him starts when Dortmund can?. They got Ben Foden who is England U19 capt, so best young player in England, he's lucky to get on the bench. Managers would rather pay 50mil and buy someone no one has heard of, as they are say Brazilian, cough cough Fred cough cough, than blood hungry new exciting talent. Why? Lets offer a new player 200,000 a week on a 5yr contract.  where's the incentive to play well, when your guaranteed that sort of money?? Bigger teams need to bring in bonus' as a bigger part of wages. Won't work lower down, but their incentive is to fight to stay in the Prem. On saying that some of the Swans end of last season showed zero fight even though they could get relegated...it was depressing.....

City have another player at Sancho's level, who is also supposedly about to fuck off to Dortmund or Madrid. Think hes called Diaz. But realistically they don't need to take risks with youth and probably don't care about losing them. I don't see what United have to lose at current, its probably going to be another shite season, so many players out of form, their U18/19s are among the best in the country, why not give a few of them a chance. They have that mophead lad who played most games in the preseason and looked decent, natural right winger, something that they do not have in the first team, where is he?!