Sign in to follow this  
Denman

Football Leaks: European Super League + Man City/PSG Corruption

Theres a huge amount of information being released at current by Der Speigel / Football Leaks.

The major leak is that Bayern and 10 other top European Clubs including Real, Barcelona, Juventus, Man Utd and so on are all planning for a new breakaway league that would feature 16-20 of the top European teams (16 of them named in the article). Previously there have been rumours, this seems to make it sound like it could be happening in the next 3 years. Bayern have already come out and denied it. It seems inevitable that its going to happen though. Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea are all named in the documents leaked, my only thought was that Spurs would still somehow manage to not win the Premiership. The leak shows documents obtained from Bayern Club Officials. 

Another of the leaks is alleging that the FIFA President has received payments from Man City and PSG in order to thwart FIFAs FFP investigations into the clubs! Furthermore there are numerous leaked emails one of which quotes the Man City owner saying something along the lines of that he would rather "hire the 50 best lawyers in the world and sue FIFA for 10 years than pay any fines". They also reveal how Man City tried to sign Messi in a €750mil deal which almost bankrupted Barcelona when they had to give him a new contract. 

Their next articles are going to show the Premier League clubs avoiding tax and they are going to report on a cover up of a multiple champions league winner who has failed drugs tests.

Der Speigel are the ones who made the Ronaldo rape allegations and were responsible for the Messi, Ronaldo, Mourinho etc tax trials. They are considered to be extremely reliable. 

http://www.spiegel.de/international/football-leaks-manchester-city-paris-saint-germain-gianni-infantino-a-1236277.html

Lots of articles being released still right now by them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My own thoughts are that I have thought for some time that the European Super League will happen, it just seems inevitable to me, funnily enough all the money in the Premiership could stop it for now at least, but may result in the biggest Premiership clubs seeking much bigger shares. I have also suspected for some time that its only a matter of time that Man Utd in particular and possibly Liverpool go for a Real Madrid/Barcelona type deal and negotiate their own TV Deals. Equally it wouldn't surprise me if those two are the first in line out of the English clubs for a ESL. 

Edited by Denman
  • Like 1

The Oil Money is clearly damaging football massively, I think these articles are going to show us just how much. The fact that Barcelona hit such financial difficulty tying Messi to a new contract after Man City came a knocking with an offer of a €750mil deal shows just how much. Barcelona are one of the richest football clubs in the world, one of the most successful and they pretty much had to financially cripple themselves for a period in order to retain one of their players when the oil money got dangled in front of him. The articles (well worth a read on the Der Speigel website) make many many allegations against Man City in particular and they have already made a club statement pretty much saying they will not comment on the news at this time as it is based on private emails stolen from employees as opposed to denying it. I hope the English press actually look at it and report it, as opposed to just writing another article on Mourinho being a twat. 

• Like 2

Money money money, feck the lot of them. Game has gone to the dogs.

• Like 3

The other strong possibility with the ESL talk is, that the plan would be for them to opt out of the Champions League and the 16-20 clubs would have their own tournament each year. I think thats much more likely, it would be just as lucrative as the premiership (way above the Champions League, Man Utd last year received £150mil for finishing 2nd in the prem, Man City £149m for winning the Prem, Real Madrid received about £80m for winning the Champions League), perhaps even more so for them. They would all be guaranteed a spot every year. They would no longer have to play the small teams. Wouldn't have to face relegation to the UEFA Cup or not qualifying. They would most likely plan on having games in the middle east, china, the US when they felt appropriate. It would be mega bucks absolutely guaranteed every season. 

• Sad 1

much of the english pres is run by saudi money thats why man city is so heavily praised no matter what they do 

Hate it. All this mega money does is breed contempt and corruption fuelled by greed. 

I wouldnt want to watch top clubs playing each other all the time. We love the underdog hence why the fa cup is still popular although not what is used to be. 

The money in football and particularly what the players get paid is sick. Does not sit well with me at all. 

Money wins in the end. They will get whet they want. Too many people in each others pockets 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Blampy said:

Pay them more will cost more to watch it

Well, I am not sure the Broadcasters would necessarily be paying anymore, probably just the same, but the clubs would be removing a lot of parties from the table when it came to share out time. I believe (my figures might be a bit inaccurate), last year there was €2.5b for UEFA Competitions, they kept €500mil of that in administrative costs etc, €700mil went to the UEFA Cup. €1.3b went to the Champions League, 32 teams in the Champions League. In the ESL Format there would be half as many teams, also no UEFA Cup that is probably taking more from the prize pool than is warranted. So suddenly if the ESL signed the exact same deal as UEFA did they would effectively have double the money as the CL to be shared between half as many teams. It is totally feasible that broadcast packages would be pretty much the same as the whole UEFA package. Do you think when BT buy the Champions League rights they are paying for CSKA Moscow v Victoria Plzen or PSV v Galatasary? No they want a Man Utd v Real Madrid or Man Utd v Barcelona as that will sell them subscriptions and retain subscriptions. Under the new ESL Format if it were to happen, they are guaranteed that. 

This used to be the game for the working man, where every second Saturday we would head to the ground( no stadiums in the old days) men with bags of booze and me as a kid getting a liftover( you used to get lift over the turn styles if you were a kid ) watching my team lose more often than win, standing in the same spot week after week, seeing the same faces. 15 years l stood at the same spot, till someone pointed out l was facing the wrong way( only kidding). Going to school on the Monday, can't wait to tell your mates about your football adventure, of course you could make up what you wanted as it was never on the telly, one game on Saturday night at half past very late. Now even before you get home from the game its all old news. Changed days and not for the better, not many working class can afford to go to watch their hero's live, subscription to sky for us now. Saddens me that l haven't been to a game in around 5 years, still get an itch on a Saturday morning, then remember my teams playing at 6.25 Tuesday. If l could understand Rugby l would go and watch that. Sorry Denman, this post has become an old man rant. 😢😢😢

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Markymark said:

This used to be the game for the working man, where every second Saturday we would head to the ground( no stadiums in the old days) men with bags of booze and me as a kid getting a liftover( you used to get lift over the turn styles if you were a kid ) watching my team lose more often than win, standing in the same spot week after week, seeing the same faces. 15 years l stood at the same spot, till someone pointed out l was facing the wrong way( only kidding). Going to school on the Monday, can't wait to tell your mates about your football adventure, of course you could make up what you wanted as it was never on the telly, one game on Saturday night at half past very late. Now even before you get home from the game its all old news. Changed days and not for the better, not many working class can afford to go to watch their hero's live, subscription to sky for us now. Saddens me that l haven't been to a game in around 5 years, still get an itch on a Saturday morning, then remember my teams playing at 6.25 Tuesday. If l could understand Rugby l would go and watch that. Sorry Denman, this post has become an old man rant. 😢😢😢

Spot on

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, centipede said:

Man Utd?     

top 20 european sides??

They are still apart of the Big Seven coalition, so, they would be one of the founding teams as well as likely one of the teams actually at the forefront of its implementation. They are the most valuable sports team in the world, they would have just as much say if not more say than even Barcelona and Real Madrid. They are also without doubt the single biggest draw in terms of TV money, so yeah, top 20 European side? Probably not at current, however the biggest team in Europe? Yes. The biggest team in Europe are going to be first on the list, ahead of the most successful teams when it comes to any money making shenanigans such as this. Regardless of how crap they are, they are by far the biggest draw in English football, and only Barca and Real are close in world football.

Utd don't tend to rock the boat with the Premiershgip/FA however, they have usually just tended to vote in line with whats best for the league, but more recently under Glazers ownership and with Ed Woodward steering the ship, they supported Man City and Liverpools proposal that Oversea's TV money shouldn't be equally split and they were one of the few who voted against more restrictive transfer windows proposal that was eventually passed. I think after seeing them miss out on Champions League money a number of times since Fergies departure, alongside this seemingly new found defiance towards the Premiership/FA that it makes perfect sense that they would be one of the teams driving forward this ESL proposal. 

im only joking, I know Man U are a big club, its just when youve had shit off them for years youve got to give it back when the tables are turned 😂

for some reason, when i first started reading this thread my first thought was MadSlasherMcgurks hear-say pope thread about the Q-anon dude.

would be interesting to see which 16-20 teams are in the hunt for this. I mean, are the likes of AC Milan or the Marseille's of the world going to get a look in? and how they are going to divide it up by countries? I cant imagine it being popular with say the Bundesliga if theres going to be 4/5 english sides taking part for instance and only 1/2 bundesliga teams playing? 

Apart from the teams involved, its going to face opposition from just about every team that isnt 'chosen'

on a negative side, it might make room for the Rangers/Celtic bandwagon to come to the prem...

Feck knows how it would work, I am sure we will find out eventually. Apparently the 11 founders wouldn't be able to be relegated for the first 20 years of it.... as a Man Utd fan, thats probably a good thing... hahah

I remember this being leaked in 2016... as you rightly said, this has been on the cards for a while. Apparently the games would take place instead of domestic cup competition rather than actually leaving the premier league.

1 hour ago, Brownman24 said:

Apparently the games would take place instead of domestic cup competition rather than actually leaving the premier league

I dont think that will ever be able to happen, If they are going to form this super league then they will either have to join it and leave the premier league or nothing the rest of the clubs wont allow it. What about the fans? none of the clubs above seem to have given them a thought and what they are forgetting is without fans there wouldnt be a club at all so they need to get there priorities straight.

43 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

I dont think that will ever be able to happen, If they are going to form this super league then they will either have to join it and leave the premier league or nothing the rest of the clubs wont allow it. What about the fans? none of the clubs above seem to have given them a thought and what they are forgetting is without fans there wouldnt be a club at all so they need to get there priorities straight.

Yeah I completely agree to be honest but money talks I guess

sterling kicks the ground and wins a penalty ref nearly swallowed the whistle he put it to his mouth at such speed