Brutal Poker!!!

Rocknrolla

So playing in the poker festival main event and to cut a long story short (as I am massively tilted) I run like shit but still grind away for 14 hours and manage to triple my stack with just position raises and bluffs!!

1 hour left of Day 1a and after tilting the guy in SB previous hand we get into a big one preflop and for once I have a legit KK with a rainbow flop of K,10,6. I bet big he calls and a 9 comes on the turn and we get it all in and he turns over QJ and it holds ofcourse!

The worst thing about this is the pure grind I put in and some great plays that just come to nothing. Its poker ofcourse 

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Get In! 2

Awww mate. That would seriously tilt me and is the reason I had to give poker up. I didn't have the mentality or the ability to take the emotion out of it. All I can say is playing the way you do will see you winning in the long run. You played the hand perfectly, and grinded for 14 hours. Walk away knowing you was the better player, played brilliantly despite no luck or hands and accept it. Easier said than done, but the difference between the pros and recreational players is accepting beats whilst realising they did everything right but luck was not with them. Don't think about it done now, you played great and did everything right, keep telling yourself that. All the best mate.

• Keeemon 3

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.  This day was not your day .....However your days in Malta must be remembered for the great BOM Charity event , which you won.  Ideally a one table event, but memorable for the way you played. Patient and cautious, yet one or two Bluffs to spice up the day.....and one totally outrageous bluff, with air.....resulting in Patrik Antonious folding..... these memories are what Poker can be. 

Rest assured this is not your last foray into Poker at this level so you will have to change your stance to accommodate  the reality and not the dream. The dream must wait until you are more in control .....and less emotive.   Reactive poker can be very profitable, but amongst professionals it is definitely not......

We all watched your stream live and greatly enjoyed that one of our own represented us with surety and skill. so even if chance is sometimes against you, and expectation a great weight ,  TGC is proud of you Paul. You are a great ambassador for our community...

• Good Luck! 1
  • Keeemon 4

9 hours ago, Rocknrolla said:

So playing in the poker festival main event and to cut a long story short (as I am massively tilted) I run like shit but still grind away for 14 hours and manage to triple my stack with just position raises and bluffs!!

1 hour left of Day 1a and after tilting the guy in SB previous hand we get into a big one preflop and for once I have a legit KK with a rainbow flop of K,10,6. I bet big he calls and a 9 comes on the turn and we get it all in and he turns over QJ and it holds ofcourse!

The worst thing about this is the pure grind I put in and some great plays that just come to nothing. Its poker ofcourse 

Feel your pain mate, especially when you've work hard just to be still playing. If its any consolation l played 6hrs with complete pants hands, manage somehow to still have an ok stack, went all in on AA, flop 45J then 8Q and the fucker shows 67, who calls an all in with 67!!!?? Still thinking about it at 4am lying in bed, 3 days later and am still raging ?

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • Get In! 2

15 hours ago, Rocknrolla said:

Nothing else you can do other than just grind on. Coolers happen sadly, better luck next time.

• Keeemon 3

What comes from all this badinage is the saying " Let it go"   so easy to say...so hard to do.

poker must have been invented just to make this saying valid, because I was tilted several times this week on Jokestars when outdrawn on the river by obviously crappy cards.....

But horse racing beats the pants of poker for bad beats...... Cheltenham in the 80s 4 winners in a 50p heinz running onto Playschool .... it was 5 lengths clear and fell at the last......  

or maybe Jellaby 1978 fell clear in a flat race inside the final furlong...... again 4 winners going on to it...

Thats still makes my blood boil..... so words are really useless.... but we will try again...

• Agree 1

Reading these comments certainly eradicated most of the tilt so I decided to re-enter Day 1b for more punishment!

Played well again considering I had little to work with and after 14 hours I had just over 70k stack, then came the most notable hand with a chap called Nicholas Banks. 

He looked to be playing a lot of hands and as he opened for 6.5k UTG +2 (blinds 1.5/3k at this point) I had A,3 diamonds in BB. It folded to me and I decided to call the extra 3.5k and pretty much try and put him under as much pressure as possible and take a pot no matter what cards come as time was running down and I wanted a bigger stack. The flop comes K,6,5 with two clubs, I check, he bets 6.5k and I call. Turn card is 7 of hearts, I decide to donk bet (something I did earlier with a bluff and showed the table) 14.5k to hopefully block any bluffs or hands like AQ from continuing, plus I pick up a little equity with the straight draw, he quickly calls. River is a 4 of diamonds and I hit a straight, I think about it for a long time and decide betting for value looks strong and as the flush draw missed I went all in for near 50k, he doesn't insta call which is a relief and says he knows I'm bluffing but its just too much. After tanking for 4 mins he calls, I apologise and show the A3, he folds but the dealer makes him show his hand as its a showdown and he has 9,9, massive balls to call with that!

As the final hour finishes I pick up Q,Q on the button and make a big 4bet, I get 2 callers and flop is A,K,K (ofcourse), MP bets and I just fold. 

Nicholas also got his chips back from a guy called Navani in a big pot which I'll copy and paste below as it gathered a lot of watchers due to Navani tanking forever!

So through to day 2 tomorrow with an around average stack of 128k!

The board read {j-Diamonds}{7-Clubs}{5-Diamonds}{6-Spades} with around 60,000 in the middle already.

Nicholas Banks shoved from the hijack for 58,100 and Manoj Navani tanked and then made the call.

Nicholas Banks: {A-Diamonds}{J-Spades}
Manoj Navani: {8-Diamonds}{7-Diamonds}

Banks had flopped a pair of jacks and Navani had a pair of sevens and the open-ended straight draw.

The river completed the board with the {5-Clubs} which didn't help Navani as he had to pay Banks the double up and he was left with 500.

• Chaching! 4
  • Good Luck! 1
  • Keeemon 1

10 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

Reading these comments certainly eradicated most of the tilt so I decided to re-enter Day 1b for more punishment!

Played well again considering I had little to work with and after 14 hours I had just over 70k stack, then came the most notable hand with a chap called Nicholas Banks. 

He looked to be playing a lot of hands and as he opened for 6.5k UTG +2 (blinds 1.5/3k at this point) I had A,3 diamonds in BB. It folded to me and I decided to call the extra 3.5k and pretty much try and put him under as much pressure as possible and take a pot no matter what cards come as time was running down and I wanted a bigger stack. The flop comes K,6,5 with two clubs, I check, he bets 6.5k and I call. Turn card is 7 of hearts, I decide to donk bet (something I did earlier with a bluff and showed the table) 14.5k to hopefully block any bluffs or hands like AQ from continuing, plus I pick up a little equity with the straight draw, he quickly calls. River is a 4 of diamonds and I hit a straight, I think about it for a long time and decide betting for value looks strong and as the flush draw missed I went all in for near 50k, he doesn't insta call which is a relief and says he knows I'm bluffing but its just too much. After tanking for 4 mins he calls, I apologise and show the A3, he folds but the dealer makes him show his hand as its a showdown and he has 9,9, massive balls to call with that!

As the final hour finishes I pick up Q,Q on the button and make a big 4bet, I get 2 callers and flop is A,K,K (ofcourse), MP bets and I just fold. 

Nicholas also got his chips back from a guy called Navani in a big pot which I'll copy and paste below as it gathered a lot of watchers due to Navani tanking forever!

So through to day 2 tomorrow with an around average stack of 128k!

The board read {j-Diamonds}{7-Clubs}{5-Diamonds}{6-Spades} with around 60,000 in the middle already.

Nicholas Banks shoved from the hijack for 58,100 and Manoj Navani tanked and then made the call.

Nicholas Banks: {A-Diamonds}{J-Spades}
Manoj Navani: {8-Diamonds}{7-Diamonds}

Banks had flopped a pair of jacks and Navani had a pair of sevens and the open-ended straight draw.

The river completed the board with the {5-Clubs} which didn't help Navani as he had to pay Banks the double up and he was left with 500.

There we have it... redemption from your hard slog on thursday Paul!!! :pumpkin:

Ah you had Big "Balls" Banks on your table did you!

We are all BBB at some time playing in MTT's and pushing you on a pair of 9's is a risk worth taking to some!

Glad you are through to 1c, there will be a few more of the lazier semi / sponsored pro's buying in and sitting down to Sat & Sun Porto poker, as they can't be bothered to sit in on the thur/fri hard work stuff, plus all the left overs who got Jack from loosing at BOM will be there, so grab some cash games if you can, easy money!!!

Keep us all updated and as you are getting the "taste" for it again, I have officially, unofficially come up with a term of endearment for your little showNtell snippet video up top... which will be massively trending by next Battle of Malta when you play Bruce Willis, Phil Hellmann and Katie Price on the celebrity challenge sitNgo 2019!!!!

Not Blogging, Vlogging..

but Plogging!

© TGC/ME !!!

• Love 1
  • Good Luck! 1
  • Keeemon 1