Worst acca let down

david1111

I'll start it off. Few years ago now. Only a £10 acca but stood to win approx £700. Just waiting for Leeds to score which they did with only couple of minutes left. The only other team in my acca that were still playing were 4 1 up with less than 5 mins to play. It finished 4 all. Can't explain how I felt 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

It has always got to be those pesky last minute equalisers! It's is such a buzz when one goes for you in the 94th though i guess!

I was waiting on Crystal Palace a few weeks ago, they got a penalty last minute - missed! Then a week or so later, waiting on Stoke, they got a penalty last minute - missed! Both were for 4 figure sums dammit!

• Keeemon 1

10 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

It has always got to be those pesky last minute equalisers! It's is such a buzz when one goes for you in the 94th though i guess!

I was waiting on Crystal Palace a few weeks ago, they got a penalty last minute - missed! Then a week or so later, waiting on Stoke, they got a penalty last minute - missed! Both were for 4 figure sums dammit!

Yeah bandit. Stoke also let me down that week for 700.  I tend to cash out early now! Need to grow some balls. Ps. Can't believe you pressed the last gamble other day on reel King!! Glad it came in though 

It's never over to it's over. I had a bet a few months ago, Real, AC Milan and Lyon all to win by 2 goals or more. Real won 3-0, AC Milan 2-0, Lyon were currently 5-0 so I was cruising for a win. It got to the 90th minute and the Lyon game was abandoned due to a pitch invasion. The feeling... jesus christ. WH didn't want to pay out but eventually they did, as they played the last 2 minutes a few hours later lol. I didnt know about that to I woke up the next morning. So I know I got there in the end, but I feel your pain man :D

8 minutes ago, howfin said:

It's never over to it's over. I had a bet a few months ago, Real, AC Milan and Lyon all to win by 2 goals or more. Real won 3-0, AC Milan 2-0, Lyon were currently 5-0 so I was cruising for a win. It got to the 90th minute and the Lyon game was abandoned due to a pitch invasion. The feeling... jesus christ. WH didn't want to pay out but eventually they did, as they played the last 2 minutes a few hours later lol. I didnt know about that to I woke up the next morning. So I know I got there in the end, but I feel your pain man :D

Wow, you did get lucky there.

Would have been well harsh if Hills had not paid out on that one

My worst acca let down cost me 2k, I was waiting on a cup tie, Dundee Utd v Dumbarton all the other games had ended and I had them up and at that time there was 4 divisions between the two.  This was a while ago now in the days of Cefax where the page refreshed every minute.  Dundee Utd were 1-0 up and it was the 93rd minute.  I was already spending the money when the page refreshed to the 94th minute and full time result 1-1.  That was hard to take.

Edited by Mad Slasher McGurk
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

My worst acca let down cost me 2k, I was waiting on a cup tie, Dundee Utd v Dumbarton all the other games had ended and I had them up and at that time there was 4 divisions between the two.  This was a while ago now in the days of Cefax where the page refreshed every minute.  Dundee Utd were 1-0 up and it was the 93rd minute.  I was already spending the money when the page refreshed to the 94th minute and full time result 1-1.  That was hard to take.

Oh that hurts! That's why cashouts nowadays are not a bad thing 

• Keeemon 1

a few years ago now i had a 2 quid 8 team acca worth 900 quid and as the 90th min approached all teams were winning and winning well at that except 1 team it was leeds who were 1.0 up vs Luton. And yes you guessed it Luton Equalised in the 97th min to screw me over well that was me i spat the dummy out and acted like a fooking man child lol. It is a pain still to this day.

• Agree 2
  • Keeemon 1

Couple come to mind, both were only £10 stakes but they were the last legs of 6 folds. First one was for £770 5 results in, just waiting for Arsenal (at home) to Newcastle..were 4-0 up, the astute amongst you will remember what happened there) couple of weeks later I had a bet on a Sunday, started with Hearts beating Celtic at 6/1 at 12.30 (last minute pen) waiting on real Madrid at 8pm for 2k..predictably finished 0-0. These were both old fashioned shop bets before cash out 

• Keeemon 1

Mine wasn't really an acca but a yankee bet. I had been winning each saturday doing £5 yankee bets (£55) so decided to go big and went for a £50 yankee (£550). I can't remember the first 3 selections but the odds were 9/4, 7/4 & 11/8 and the 4th selection was the Liverpool vs Chelsea game. I was going in with the intention of backing Liverpool to win at home against an unbeaten Chelsea but when I saw the odds of 7/2 I thought I must be stupid so thought another draw was more likely and went for that instead. The first 3 selections came in and ofcourse Liverpool beat Chelsea 3-1, I won just over 2k  but asked how much if I had backed Liverpool, and he said £14,000!!! Never got close again with a big yankee bet :(

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ellisofcoventry said:

Cashing out a £6700 acca win at £358 cause a team was losing 2-0 with 20 minutes to go and they end up winning 3-2 still got profit but was fuming 

7 minutes ago, ellisofcoventry said:

Cashing out a £6700 acca win at £358 cause a team was losing 2-0 with 20 minutes to go and they end up winning 3-2 still got profit but was fuming 

That's savage mate. Huge example of cash outs working in bookies favour. I would have done the same though 

I've had a couple both good and bad.. last week Liverpool let me down for 400 odd quid as they drew to Porto (which made it worse as they're the team I support)

Couple of week previous I did an in play treble in about the 70th minute for Dortmund and 2 other teams to win.. again for about 400 odd.. Dortmund score in the 92nd minute.. then I think salzburg ended up drawing in the 94th minute..

I remember having 100 quid left a few years ago.. did a 25 quid acca and a ballsy 75 quid acca.. at half time both were looking glum.. so cashed in the 25 quid one for about 17 quid.. debated cashing the 75 quid one in for about 50 too but left it..  the 75 quid one came in for 940.. and if I left the 25 quid one too I would have got another grand ???

Actually just remembered another one.. few years back in the champions league.. literally last kick of the game one team scored for me and bagged me 120 quid off a tenner (the odds weren't great) me and my mate did the same bet.. and we said if the bookies is still open we will cash it in and go in the arcades near where we live.. went in.. 20 quid each later won the gold pot for 440 ish.. 

Guest centipede

I reakon it was about 15 years ago,I had a 10 team acca on a carling cup night and would have paid just over 5k from a £10 bet.

I was at work listening to it on the radio, Everton and I think it was Bristol city? but my meory of what tea it was is hazy. it was a 8pm kick off and the rest kicked off at 7.45, needless to say the other 9 came in, and my ears were glued to the radio waiting for Everton to score, it was level with just minutes left.

89th minute and Everton win a penalty! I was thinking thank fuck for that, then the keeper saved it! the ball went out for a corner, it came in and an Everton player nodded it into the net before it got disallowed! 

full time whistle goes, then as soon as extra time starts everton knock one in and end up winning....

instead of joining my mates for a beer after work, I went home sulking