Crunchienut

TGC Football Tipster FA CUP 2018/19

Hey! In a few weeks the first rounds of the FA CUP start. As we already have a Knockout Cup for various big horse racing meetings, I would like to do a football version...the first Football Tipster FA CUP!!

I am opening it up to hopefully encourage some new players to not only join the Cup Competition but also join our monthly and season long tournaments if they so wish. The start date for the first round I believe is the 10th November.

The format will be dictated by the numbers of people wanting to play. If I get to 32 it will be straight knockout, a few less and some players will have bye's in Round 1. If there is no interest and it's just the 20 of us regulars then the competition may take on a more Champions League style format of groups prior to knockout stages. Time will tell.

I was hoping some guys who bet on the footy like @4houghts, @lucy_ba, @Sizzler29 and @o0ORyaanO0o would at least help me out to get it up and running. I have no doubt Rolla, being the generous man he is, would be giving prize(s) to the winner, so it's worth playing in.

To keep it simple, All 20 players in the TGC League are automatically entered. If new players would like to have a bash just leave a message saying "i'm in" and you will be in the draw, which will probably be done live on stream, though i can't guarantee balls and silk gloves being involved.

CHEERS!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, david1111 said:

I'm in just in case I'm not in if you know what I mean 

Sounds like me and the ex wife mate 😁

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, david1111 said:

I'm in just in case I'm not in if you know what I mean 

Oh David!

• Haha 2

Im in but when it comes to organising that word is not in my vocabulary 😂

Edited by 4houghts
  • Get In There! 1

1 hour ago, Markymark said:

Sounds like me and the ex wife mate 😁

Yup defo sounds like your ex wife 😂

• Get In There! 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Sizzler29

I'm in but like above my organisation skills are rather shite haha... Definitely in though 👌🏻 ⚽ 

8 hours ago, 4houghts said:

Im in but when it comes to organising that word is not in my vocabulary 😂

I wouldn’t trust you with anything you backed Scotland to win ffs 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, VillaLad said:

I wouldn’t trust you with anything you backed Scotland to win ffs 😂😂😂😂😂

hey did you watch the game, they couldn't finish a barn door it was like Fifa!

The first round of the FA cup starts next weekend, due to the numbers in the comp, the actual knockout starts with Round 3 next year.....

But until then the first two preliminary rounds will be played as 8 mini groups of 3. The top 2 scorers of each group, after the second round, (that will be 16 total) will progress through to the knockout stages in 2019 when the big teams enter the FA Cup.

I just want to confirm the following are still up for playing @4houghts@Garryboy001, @therealwintersoldier, and @Marky147(I need you to all play to make it work, Sizzler signed up but can't get hold of him, sorry Marky you were our only hope, it'll only take a couple mins of your time once a month and i would appreciate it, thanks)

Once these guys have confirmed I will put the groups, fixtures, rules etc up, prior to the first fixtures this Saturday. If people pull out, not a problem, I will try and run it next year, so no worries. Cheers

Edited by Crunchienut
  • Like 2

I'll take part if there's a spot.

Give me a shout if I can help with anything also

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Crunchienut said:

The first round of the FA cup starts next weekend, due to the numbers in the comp, the actual knockout starts with Round 3 next year.....

But until then the first two preliminary rounds will be played as 8 mini groups of 3. The top 2 scorers of each group, after the second round, (that will be 16 total) will progress through to the knockout stages in 2019 when the big teams enter the FA Cup.

I just want to confirm the following are still up for playing @4houghts@Garryboy001, @therealwintersoldier, and @Marky147(I need you to all play to make it work, Sizzler signed up but can't get hold of him, sorry Marky you were our only hope, it'll only take a couple mins of your time once a month and i would appreciate it, thanks)

Once these guys have confirmed I will put the groups, fixtures, rules etc up, prior to the first fixtures this Saturday. If people pull out, not a problem, I will try and run it next year, so no worries. Cheers

Sizzler left mate, account deleted the lot 😞 

• Sad 1