JOSHUA v POVETKIN

Guest Miller26

Guest Sizzler29

I think it will be a cautious opening couple of rounds to feel each other out as there is alot on the line for Joshua. I'll say Joshua in the 8th or 9th round ? 

1 minute ago, Miller26 said:

What are people’s thoughts on tonight’s boxing? 

Ive gone for Joshua to blast him out of there within the first 3 rounds 6/1 .

Agree with your thoughts bud.

Early stoppage or points if not.

Povetkin normally takes a while to get going so he may stop him early. 

The way David Price caught him in his last fight makes me think stoppage.

Should be a good un.

Guest Miller26
8 minutes ago, therealwintersoldier said:

Agree with your thoughts bud.

Early stoppage or points if not.

Povetkin normally takes a while to get going so he may stop him early. 

The way David Price caught him in his last fight makes me think stoppage.

Should be a good un.

He’s been in with some good fighters but his last fight he looked well open . I think old farther time his caught up with him .

Guest Miller26
9 minutes ago, Sizzler29 said:

I think it will be a cautious opening couple of rounds to feel each other out as there is alot on the line for Joshua. I'll say Joshua in the 8th or 9th round ? 

The 6/1 was too good to turn down . But yes if he doesn’t blast him out it could go long . 

Guest Sizzler29

Think Joshua's mature and experienced enough now not to take too many risks in the opening rounds. Everyone knows it only takes one punch ? ? for your bets sake i hope it comes in for you ?? 

Guest Miller26
3 minutes ago, Sizzler29 said:

Think Joshua's mature and experienced enough now not to take too many risks in the opening rounds. Everyone knows it only takes one punch ?? for your bets sake i hope it comes in for you ?? 

I’ve only had £5 on it bud but cheers mate 

Guest Miller26
1 minute ago, Rocknrolla said:

Povetkin is 7/1?! I think he's highly underated, he's only had 1 loss and that was to a prime Klitschko! I still can't see him beating AJ but should be a good fight

I’ve just looked at the stats regarding Joshua. He takes most of them out within 3 . I think povetkin looked open against price and if he had gone for it he maybe would have won . But yes he’s a gold medalist and has been in with some good fighters so we’ll see 

A lot of Joshua's quick wins can be attributed to the fact his opponents are like a rabbit in headlights when they enter the huge arenas. Most are used to boxing in front of a few thousand so to be in a different country in front of tens of thousands of hostile fans on a huge platform they crumble. I can't see Povetkin doing the same so I expect Joshua late. 

Off topic slightly but this current fight with Okolie is absolute dog shit

Guest Miller26
11 minutes ago, McSplooger said:

A lot of Joshua's quick wins can be attributed to the fact his opponents are like a rabbit in headlights when they enter the huge arenas. Most are used to boxing in front of a few thousand so to be in a different country in front of tens of thousands of hostile fans on a huge platform they crumble. I can't see Povetkin doing the same so I expect Joshua late. 

You lot are beginning to put me off this bet?. Good job it’s only £5 ?

7 minutes ago, Sirbetsalot said:

AJ in the 8th for me and a separate bet on over 5.5 rounds! ?

Plus a random skybet enhancement ?. AJ to land 12 punches in round 1 (4-1) 

will you count them? just don't blink whatever you do lol

I'm still not 100% convinced AJ is the best out there, yet. If he goes on to beat the winner of Wilder and Fury then there will be no doubt. Would have liked to see him fight Klitschko in his prime, but he is already the best British heavyweight since Lennox imo. Think someone said above Povetkins only loss was against Klitschko in is prime, and if he is still hungry could cause real problems for AJ and 6's seems a bit large. Think I'll sprinkle a buck or two amongst a few random rounds on Potevkin winning see if I get lucky....just in case AJ isn't so lucky. Should be good.

Do you know i'm going to count those first round punches too, just for fun. Assume they have to land thats all?? Good Luck mate

38 minutes ago, McSplooger said:

Campbell vs Mendy will be a good one 

• Keeemon 1

3 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

will you count them? just don't blink whatever you do lol

I'm still not 100% convinced AJ is the best out there, yet. If he goes on to beat the winner of Wilder and Fury then there will be no doubt. Would have liked to see him fight Klitschko in his prime, but he is already the best British heavyweight since Lennox imo. Think someone said above Povetkins only loss was against Klitschko in is prime, and if he is still hungry could cause real problems for AJ and 6's seems a bit large. Think I'll sprinkle a buck or two amongst a few random rounds on Potevkin winning see if I get lucky....just in case AJ isn't so lucky. Should be good.

Do you know i'm going to count those first round punches too, just for fun. Assume they have to land thats all?? Good Luck mate

Haha there's a twitter page for it mate, it's what skybet will use when deciding how punches have landed.

The avg punches landed for AJ a round is 15 or so,  thought 4-1 was a solid enough price but it's a gag bet to keep me entertained while watching it ?

Gl everyone who's having a bet! 

• Like 1

Guest centipede
1 minute ago, Miller26 said:

So we have come to the conclusion I’ve just thrown £5 down the shitter ???

it wont be lonely down there mate, with the rest of your lucky 15s !