Pick my winners 2

Brownman24

Just now, Brownman24 said:

I've played him in a few pro ams... Think he was world champ in 2006... I think for every frame I won he would win at least 8

Ive played Gareth a few times decent player for sure. Was good friends with Mark Selby in my younger years played a lot of pool and snooker together . Gave him a good whipping the week before he won the world 8 ball champs in 2006.

I'd say i was the younger version of the great Willie A 147 Pro Thorne, bottled it under pressure.

2 minutes ago, therealwintersoldier said:

Ive played Gareth a few times decent player for sure. Was good friends with Mark Selby in my younger years played a lot of pool and snooker together . Gave him a good whipping the week before he won the world 8 ball champs in 2006.

I'd say i was the younger version of the great Willie A 147 Pro Thorne, bottled it under pressure.

Yeah Selby won it in 06 and Potts won it a year either side of him... I’m a snooker player by trade. From Essex so a snooker hotbed obviously... played for Essex A a couple of years ago and started playingmoney matches because My cue action doesn’t desert me under pressure(I hope not anyway) sounds like you were decent though mate

• Keeemon 1

Guest Miller26
4 minutes ago, Poker said:

You might not be saying that on Sat morning, after you realise I have lost you your hard earned!! 

I’ve bigged you up poker ?. With your algorithms I’m sure you’ll hit the back of the net 

3 minutes ago, Brownman24 said:

Yeah Selby won it in 06 and Potts won it a year either side of him... I’m a snooker player by trade. From Essex so a snooker hotbed obviously... played for Essex A a couple of years ago and started playingmoney matches because My cue action doesn’t desert me under pressure(I hope not anyway) sounds like you were decent though mate

Yeah I was pretty good a while back. Dont play much anymore. 142 top break. Top break of about 10 if playing for more than £500?

Edited by therealwintersoldier
  • Puke! 1

7 minutes ago, Poker said:

You might not be saying that on Sat morning, after you realise I have lost you your hard earned!! 

Haha I know what I sign myself up for... partly because of this forum I’m in a good position financially so it’s nice to incorporate members of the forum into a splurge day

• Keeemon 1

5 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

I’ve bigged you up poker ?. With your algorithms I’m sure you’ll hit the back of the net 

LOL!!! you are so right there Miller... it could only be me that bets on a horse to win a race and it scores a fraking goal instead!!!!!!!!! :crywithlaughter:

Guest Miller26
7 minutes ago, Brownman24 said:

Haha I know what I sign myself up for... partly because of this forum I’m in a good position financially so it’s nice to incorporate members of the forum into a splurge day

So would you say the forum has helped curb your gambling bud?

38 minutes ago, Brownman24 said:

Don't matter how good someone is if you break and dish up haha

Tell me about it. About 4 years ago I 'came out of retirement' to play in a team competition in Blackpool. Only shot I played in my first 4 games was the lag!! No bugger told me half the players in the tournament were pro lol

• Love 2

4 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

So would you say the forum has helped curb your gambling bud?

Probably a combo of Paul’s streams and the forums just remind me of the dangers of gambling. I’m early to mid twenties so I have my whole life ahead of me and I’m lucky enough to speak with people who have had more heartache through gambling then any of my mates and I’d be ignorant and stupid to not realise that people on here have lost wives, houses and event parts of themselves and I don’t want to do that so when they share I listen

1 minute ago, Brownman24 said:

Can happen to anyone mate 

Strange thing was, as a team we  managed to actually get out of our group into the 'gold knockout' where there was £15k for the winningteam (suppose thats why pro's involved). Got destroyed 9-2 in our first knockout game, but guess who won our 2 frames? Yeah, I did, meaning it wasnt a totally wasted trip from London ?

2 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

Strange thing was, as a team we  managed to actually get out of our group into the 'gold knockout' where there was £15k for the winningteam (suppose thats why pro's involved). Got destroyed 9-2 in our first knockout game, but guess who won our 2 frames? Yeah, I did, meaning it wasnt a totally wasted trip from London ?

Haha nothing better than getting battered as a team but you win both your singles.... my match is 3.2k a man so 6.4k pot... I’ll update on here how I get on ?

Guest Miller26
3 minutes ago, Brownman24 said:

Probably a combo of Paul’s streams and the forums just remind me of the dangers of gambling. I’m early to mid twenties so I have my whole life ahead of me and I’m lucky enough to speak with people who have had more heartache through gambling then any of my mates and I’d be ignorant and stupid to not realise that people on here have lost wives, houses and event parts of themselves and I don’t want to do that so when they share I listen

Gambling can be worse than any drug . It can strip You of every penny and more . I’ve done my balls in more times than I care to remember but I’ve been lucky enough to have never borrowed money to gamble .ive said it before but the worst for me were the fobts , I’m not ashamed to say I’ve shed a tear coming out the bookies having put thousands in them things . Anyway enough of that let’s get some winners next Friday kemooooooooon

Just now, Brownman24 said:

Haha nothing better than getting battered as a team but you win both your singles.... my match is 3.2k a man so 6.4k pot... I’ll update on here how I get on ?

Very best of luck Brownman24. Can I ask, you being backed for any of that, or fronting it all yourself? Dont suppose it will bestreaming anywhere? 

2 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

Very best of luck Brownman24. Can I ask, you being backed for any of that, or fronting it all yourself? Dont suppose it will bestreaming anywhere? 

It was supposed to be a 5k pot (2.5k a man) but I had a couple of people that wanted a couple of hundred or so on me so we agreed to up it... it will probably be streamed but there are two streaming platforms on YouTube that are interested so just work out logistics with them... will let you know though buddy 

• Keeemon 2