Where am l going wrong

Markymark

1 minute ago, Markymark said:

Brilliant mate. Will give it a go. Chat never bothers me, just having two people l play with regularly and respect, saying am playing weakly, knocked my confidence a bit. 

You will find that, they are the ones who are "playing" weakly Marky, mainly as they are not concentrating on what their hands are turning, as they are more interested in what everyone else is doing or not doing.. using this "tell" at a cash game is how, it is so easy to settle in play (as I discussed above) then clear up, play a few looser hands, move onto the next cash table and then rinse and repeat!!

• Like 1
  • Keeemon 1

Iam a really bad poker player, but often do really well in large tournaments. 

My secret is simple. 

1. Get the chips in quick early if you have a decent hand. 

2. Keep the play tight through the bubble even if you have AA KK etc,because  Pokerstars loves to river you out of the tourney at this point. 

3. if you are approaching the cash ,sit out until you have received a guaranteed payout.  

I've won three tournaments this month. All small on Unibet.

Ive only cashed 1out of ten on Pokerstsrs because when you play poker on Pokerstars you have to beat the computer not the player.

Thats the only advice I have. Pokerstars is not real poker its manipulated poker.....theres a big difference. This why QJ called and out flopped RockNrolla.....its a guessing game ,not skill. 

Live poker is skill.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Keeemon 2

what a lot of recreational players fail to realize nowadays is that almost every regular player on any site but especially pokerstars will be using tracking software , every single hand you have played at any of these people's table will be available to them , it gives them a huge advantage over you as they will know all your tendencies of how you play .

secondly training sites and top level players streaming and putting free videos out showing people the proper way to play has made the whole poker world better players in recent years , yes there are still some terrible players out there but the percentage of them has now got a whole lot smaller due to all the above .

basically poker has evolved and is very hard to beat these days , all the low stakes grinders from years ago are all gone .

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 1

3 hours ago, Shades111 said:

what a lot of recreational players fail to realize nowadays is that almost every regular player on any site but especially pokerstars will be using tracking software , every single hand you have played at any of these people's table will be available to them , it gives them a huge advantage over you as they will know all your tendencies of how you play .

secondly training sites and top level players streaming and putting free videos out showing people the proper way to play has made the whole poker world better players in recent years , yes there are still some terrible players out there but the percentage of them has now got a whole lot smaller due to all the above .

basically poker has evolved and is very hard to beat these days , all the low stakes grinders from years ago are all gone .

Yes I suppose I fall into the old grinder category,although I haver done better recently on Pokerstars ....just by choosing to not play hands at certain stages of a game/tournament.  I don't believe that tracking software is useful because he pokersars computer can river /runner runner you OUT at any time. But not if you're not in the hand.     

• Love 1
  • Keeemon 1

6 hours ago, Solario333 said:

Yes I suppose I fall into the old grinder category,although I haver done better recently on Pokerstars ....just by choosing to not play hands at certain stages of a game/tournament.  I don't believe that tracking software is useful because he pokersars computer can river /runner runner you OUT at any time. But not if you're not in the hand.     

I would like to add that incongruously I have decided I do need a HUD so that I can at least have a PAR with others on pokerstars...so Im now using Copilot 6 which I am trailing for one month.....

Guest Miller26

I’m not a poker player so haven’t got a clue what you lot are talking about. Can someone translate all the terms used in poker . For example , on the river ?

1 hour ago, Solario333 said:

I would like to add that incongruously I have decided I do need a HUD so that I can at least have a PAR with others on pokerstars...so Im now using Copilot 6 which I am trailing for one month.....

You will find that about as useful, as when they taught you to practice, a "slow" last quarter spin on roulette, 9,534 times a day Sola!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

I’m not a poker player so haven’t got a clue what you lot are talking about. Can someone translate all the terms used in poker . For example , on the river ?

The last held hand, beating card is the 5th card turned over Miller, it is the card, that is classed as the "River" card of the show, as it is the only card, that can really "Sell you down the River" the one that can ruin someones whole hand, or in some cases, whole game!!!

Here is a superb compilation of terms explained, the best way to pick it up a bit, if you are remotely interested, is to sit in on some free roll cashless no stake games here and there..

http://www.wsop.com/poker-terms/

I personally and fondly call the river card, from the LNP days, the "stroker" as a lot of poker players get REALLY excited over it and do silly bets... that normally end up in tears!!! :crywithlaughter:

Guest Miller26
4 minutes ago, Poker said:

You will find that about as useful, as when they taught you to practice, a "slow" last quarter spin on roulette, 9,534 times a day Sola!!!!!

The last held hand, beating card is the 5th card turned over Miller, it is the card, that is classed as the "River" card of the show, as it is the only card, that can really "Sell you down the River" the one that can ruin someones whole hand, or in some cases, whole game!!!

Here is a superb compilation of terms explained, the best way to pick it up a bit, if you are remotely interested, is to sit in on some free roll cashless no stake games here and there..

http://www.wsop.com/poker-terms/

I personally and fondly call the river card, from the LNP days, the "stroker" as a lot of poker players get REALLY excited over it and do silly bets... that normally end up in tears!!! :crywithlaughter:

Cheers poker . You should do a thread explaining all the poker terms and how to play bud .

Guest Sizzler29

Here's a prime example of the shit that happens in poker... I had 7, 4....  Decided to call the big blind just because i was on the button,  then BOOOOOOM check out that flop.. Shocking lol

Screenshot_20180920-212529.png

Everyone has a different style of playing, and im never going to be a professional but my advice would be Find a good source of free training, Gripsed on youtube has plenty of good quality mtt walk through videos from start to finish. 

Be prepared to let a hand go if you face a lot of resistance

play smaller fields and /or deeper stacks

consider smaller sites like ipoker/unibet

take full advantage of promotional offers and read through the terms

play within your means and practice good bankroll management. im not ashamed to say I regularly play $1 freezeout MTTS ? 

play to play, not to win dont focus to heavily on results, I know its hard in practice

Keep it simple, take notes on players (tight aggro, loose passive, tight passive etc) 

Finally remember: position, aggression, selection!

Have fun ?

• Like 1
  • Keeemon 2