h0tsh0t87

NFL tips and general chat

Did anyone watch the Green Bay Packers match last night. Put a $50 bet on them to win at 10/3 they were 20-3 down in the 4th quarter and there quarter back was injured and couldnt stand on his left leg with much pressure but won the 4th quarter 21-3 to win the match 24-23 . Now that is what sport should be about one of the most exciting Nfl games i have watched

• Like 3

Aaron Rodgers is my favourite player, lol. I turned it off when he went back to the locker room, and just railed Rollaa.,

Couldn't believe it when I saw the score after the game. He's an incredible QB, and the best I've ever seen, in my 9 years watching.

Congrats on nicking a few quid, mat 🍻

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Never really been into nfl, but that sounded an awesome match. 

Congratulations on the win. 

• Like 1

During the early 70s I watched a great deal of American Football on US tv ..... some of the matches took hours to play because of the Time outs etc.... but it was fun to watch, Never had a bet though..... 

I was living on Grand Bahama Island from 1967-1973 so only had US TV from Miami. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Solario333 said:

During the early 70s I watched a great deal of American Football on US tv ..... some of the matches took hours to play because of the Time outs etc.... but it was fun to watch, Never had a bet though..... 

I was living on Grand Bahama Island from 1967-1973 so only had US TV from Miami. 

Must have been quite an experience. Its the length of time of the games that put me off watching. As you say constant time outs. 

• Like 1

Yes I was a teenager then so I avidly watched all the USA razzmatazz  and enjoyed it. It does go on a bit. 

Have been back o the USA many times since but you can't get Super Bowl tickets unless your a millionaire....!!

Also the golf is full of adverts now and a pain in the butt.... 

Great game mate, nice win. I generally wait a few games before start betting on them, but thought l would have a small bet on my fav team The Buffalo Bills, they lost 47-3 ffs, season over after one game. 😬 PS like the look of the Redskins or Ravens to go all the way.

• Like 1

big fan of the NFL.

I think 49ers might do alright this season with Garroppolo, he looks like a decent QB in the making.

And Vikings who beat them look like they are carrying on from where they left off last year.

and the LA Rams made a lot of decent signings over the summer and are a lot of people tips to win the Superbowl

50 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Great game mate, nice win. I generally wait a few games before start betting on them, but thought l would have a small bet on my fav team The Buffalo Bills, they lost 47-3 ffs, season over after one game. 😬 PS like the look of the Redskins or Ravens to go all the way.

Just to add to this, Redskins 40/1, Ravens 28/1, going to add Vikings 12/1

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, centipede said:

big fan of the NFL.

I think 49ers might do alright this season with Garroppolo, he looks like a decent QB in the making.

And Vikings who beat them look like they are carrying on from where they left off last year.

and the LA Rams made a lot of decent signings over the summer and are a lot of people tips to win the Superbowl

Looked at the Rams, at around 9/1. Good signings and have a great chance this year, Goff got to be one of the best quarterbacks in the league.

I am not incredibly clued up on the sport, don't follow it closely by any means however years ago when I was working in NYC frequently, a coworker of mine took me to 2 Giants games and I have vaguely followed them ever since. I do watch it and have a bet on it occasionally.

As for the Giants games, NFL is not fluid enough for my liking. It is too stop/start for me to really get into, also the atmosphere at both games was kind of uninspiring. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Denman said:

I am not incredibly clued up on the sport, don't follow it closely by any means however years ago when I was working in NYC frequently, a coworker of mine took me to 2 Giants games and I have vaguely followed them ever since. I do watch it and have a bet on it occasionally.

As for the Giants games, NFL is not fluid enough for my liking. It is too stop/start for me to really get into, also the atmosphere at both games was kind of uninspiring. 

what about the cheerleaders?

giants were shite last year, best thing they done during the summer was give Odell Beckham Jnr a huge new deal.

Edited by centipede

4 hours ago, david1111 said:

Must have been quite an experience. Its the length of time of the games that put me off watching. As you say constant time outs. 

I love it, as it takes up a whole evening, and it's great to punt on. Get a takeaway in, and sit back watching my money go up in smoke 😂

Sundays are superb during the NFL season!

• Get In There! 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Markymark said:

Looked at the Rams, at around 9/1. Good signings and have a great chance this year, Goff got to be one of the best quarterbacks in the league.

Backed them during the summer, and they've put together a squad to do it.

5 minutes ago, centipede said:

what about the cheerleaders?

giants were shite last year, best thing they done during the summer was give Odell Beckham Jnr a huge new deal.

I mean yeah its kind of a spectacle I guess. They haven't been that good for a few seasons to be fair. I wonder if Eli is not as effective anymore

First time I've heard anyone say that the atmosphere at NFL games isn't good. However, if you're not a fan, then I don't expect you to enjoy it 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Denman said:

I mean yeah its kind of a spectacle I guess. They haven't been that good for a few seasons to be fair. I wonder if Eli is not as effective anymore

they will do better this year. they just came up against a decent Jags team in the first week. Eli always living in the shadow of his brother!

1 minute ago, Marky147 said:

First time I've heard anyone say that the atmosphere at NFL games isn't good. However, if you're not a fan, then I don't expect you to enjoy it 😄

I have only been to 2 games, both at the MetLife which is an immense stadium. Pretty sure on both occasions it were full or damn close, both games the Giants won. The atmosphere was flat. I do not think the game facilitates the level of fan interaction that other sports garner due to how it lacks any sort of flow. The Yankees from my experience get a better atmosphere and those games go on so long you can feel yourself aging. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Denman said:

I have only been to 2 games, both at the MetLife which is an immense stadium. Pretty sure on both occasions it were full or damn close, both games the Giants won. The atmosphere was flat. I do not think the game facilitates the level of fan interaction that other sports garner due to how it lacks any sort of flow. The Yankees from my experience get a better atmosphere and those games go on so long you can feel yourself aging. 

We're in the same boat with Baseball! I cannot stand it, lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marky147 said:

I love it, as it takes up a whole evening, and it's great to punt on. Get a takeaway in, and sit back watching my money go up in smoke 😂

Sundays are superb during the NFL season!

You seen the film Two for the money. Really good about sports betting 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, david1111 said:

You seen the film Two for the money. Really good about sports betting 

Al Pacino & Matthew McConnaughey?

Saw it at the cinema when it came out, and have the DVD somewhere. Great movie 🙂

Just now, Marky147 said:

We're in the same boat with Baseball! I cannot stand it, lol.

Yes, I only went as I were invited and it were better than sitting in a hotel room! Same reason why I went to the Giants game initially, but I enjoyed that more. That said, the atmosphere was still shit. I bet the atmosphere is good at the Wembley NFL games, but it certainly wasn't there!

• Like 1

Just now, Marky147 said:

Al Pacino & Matthew McConnaughey?

Saw it at the cinema when it came out, and have the DVD somewhere. Great movie 🙂

I keep meaning to watch it again, but sky, amazon etc have is as pay per View. Sod that, I pay enough in subscriptions 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Denman said:

Yes, I only went as I were invited and it were better than sitting in a hotel room! Same reason why I went to the Giants game initially, but I enjoyed that more. That said, the atmosphere was still shit. I bet the atmosphere is good at the Wembley NFL games, but it certainly wasn't there!

Few lads I know go to Miami every year for NFL games, and another guy I know tries getting to Seattle. The whole pre-game, and in game atmosphere is supposed to be amazing. I've never been to London, but they all go to every game there, and say the same about it there, too. You might have just been unlucky 😄

• Like 1