Football Acca Bets Here

david1111

1 minute ago, david1111 said:

Like you said how did var miss the city penalty in the first half. 

Its stupid really. You can almost excuse a referee for missing this shit in the heat of the moment. But not the guy sat behind the telly able to watch the replay in slow motion and from multiple angles.

6 minutes ago, Denman said:

"VAR has probably been Tottenhams best player" - Gary Neville.

?

Ouch!!! Think I'm done backing the EPL, celebrates a last gasp winner only to walk from the kitchen and back to discover VAR has appeared again after the hugs and celebrations. Always thought this technology would end up like Rugby and sure enough it has.

That Var is crazy.  The ball brushed the city guys arm and I mean brushed  on the way across the box   if it had been his own box it would not have been a penalty as there was no intent at all .   Jesus  then took a wonderful goal and the VAR guy says no.

I wonder how far back they are going to take it back from the goal being scored for a slight infringement to mean a goal is disallowed

You have to say the gulf between City and everyone else though is just ridiculous.

They had Bravo, Cancelo, Jesus, Foden, Mahrez, Fernandinho and David Silva on the bench and then they have the likes of Stones, Sane, Mendy, Angelinho not even in the squad, thats before you even start considering the youth players (and they have amassed some of the best young players out there, you just don't hear of them as theres so many players in front of them).

Even Liverpool, perhaps the closest in terms of first 11 are literally an injury away to Mane or Salah from having to play Adam Lallana or Origi ?

Edited by Guest

I didn't watch the game but I had a feeling VAR would take the excitement out of games, with their checks and disallowed goals.

But to be honest I thought there was gonna be a lot more penalties and more goals because of it.

It seems to have gone the other way.

I dunno what to think of it to be honest.

There's the excitement part when teams score and run off celebrating only to be pulled back and wait for the goal to be disallowed or you've got the no VAR route where a clear offside is given as a goal but do they average put by the end of the season.

I'd rather no VAR to be fair

15 minutes ago, Denman said:

Its stupid really. You can almost excuse a referee for missing this shit in the heat of the moment. But not the guy sat behind the telly able to watch the replay in slow motion and from multiple angles.

It's weird but I dunno if you've seen in the super cup but Tammy Abrahams penalty.

Adrian had both feet off his line and was warned twice before.

But they didn't re take the penalty.

I'm not bitter but the rules should be the rules.

VAR seems to be used when they want

Just now, Darren281 said:

It's weird but I dunno if you've seen in the super cup but Tammy Abrahams penalty.

Adrian had both feet off his line and was warned twice before.

But they didn't re take the penalty.

I'm not bitter but the rules should be the rules.

VAR seems to be used when they want

I watched bits of it and saw the penalty shootout. I thought Chelsea were the better team and Kepa should have saved 2 of those penalties.

1 minute ago, david1111 said:

VAR definitely has a part to play, but not to this extent. VAR cost city the game incorrectly and that is just not right

Perhaps. I thought they were very wasteful alongside that though.

2 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

He got an assist from the ball bouncing of his teammates arm I don't see how that is incorrect? 

I meant the clear penalty in the first half which was completely overlooked. Surely that is what VAR is all about

Edited by david1111
  • Keeemon 1

7 minutes ago, Denman said:

I watched bits of it and saw the penalty shootout. I thought Chelsea were the better team and Kepa should have saved 2 of those penalties.

Yeah Chelsea were the better team and kepa got his hand to 2 penalties.

But by VAR letter of the law if the keeper is off his line the penalty needs to be re taken.

This is what I'm saying, it seems to be used when they want to use it.

I have no complaints about the score line though

7 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

yep I remember last season Fernandinho doing this and VAR wasn't even going to look at it 

I appreciate a good bit of shithousery. What is wrong with that? ?

I miss Fellaini for his shithousery and will miss Herrera for the same reason. We need to play Rojo for his dangerous lunging leg breaker tackles to have any bite in our team now... ?

47 minutes ago, Darren281 said:

Yeah Chelsea were the better team and kepa got his hand to 2 penalties.

But by VAR letter of the law if the keeper is off his line the penalty needs to be re taken.

This is what I'm saying, it seems to be used when they want to use it.

I have no complaints about the score line though

Hold on, your going on about var and the penalty shootout, what about chelseas penalty? That was never a pen and var never stepped in then

Edited by Jlamby
Spelling