Official USPGA Championship Thread

Shades111

final major of the year will be held at Bellerive Country Club in Missouri , 7547 yard Par71 .

very little course form to go on from a lot of players , i cant even find a golfer from Missouri that might have played the course a number of times so good luck with your picks this week as it could be anybodies tournament .

last tournament to be played here we have to go back to 2008 for the BMW championships which was won by Camilo Villegas with a winning score of -15 . he would quite possibly been a 200/1 shot that week .

prices start at 10/1 with Dustin Johnson heading the market 

personally i dont think its a tournament to go big on , i will have a handful of eachway bets on 5 or 6 players at treble figure prices and maybe one decent bet on someone in the top10 of the market for the win .

also please note guys that this tournament is not televised for reasons i dont understand , but all 4 days can be streamed online apparently .

look forward to seeing peoples picks , will post mine wednesday evening i expect

good luck 

Shades111

• Keeemon 5

It's quite an open field and most have a decent chance. I wouldn't back any of the favourites due to the lack of course form to go off. Bryson Dechambeau looks interesting at 80/1 so that would be my pick based on odds alone.

I don't gamble though and last time I picked one on here I chose Schauffele who nearly won which would of tilted me if I didn't have Gamstop/he had won. Would of been on Betfair fuming and doing my balls in quicker than Kerry Katona gets her undies off for a hung muscle man.

Edited by McSplooger
  • Love 1

ok guys heres my list , apart from Schauffle for the win everyone else is eachway Top8  , prices ranging from 125/1 to 400/1 , iv not gone mad on size of bets , all pretty much £2 and £3 E/W , i think its a tournament anyone might win so iv just gone for some big prices and hoping a couple might be around the leaderboard come sunday . this is not a major i get over excited about so its more fun bets than serious lumps on one or two players .

44.png

• Keeemon 1

Right, I got my two main picks and the rest are outsiders of varying degrees. Apparently the course most like this one in the US is TPC Southwind where they play the St Jude Classic, this year won by DJ. So he has to go in a saver bet minimum. Previous to this, the event was one twice by Daniel Berger, so he's in. The Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass is also another good course for pointers so a few of the players are picked from that line of form. I have done a few doubles with the players from the Web.Com tour event. I have zero knowledge on the players so have just gone on recent form.

PGA CHAMPIONSHIP

Brooks Koepka @ 22/1 win only

Bubba Watson @ 66/1 e/w

C. Revie @ 300/1 e/w

A. Putnam @ 200/1 e/w 

Whee Kim @ 300/1 e/w

Si Woo Kim @ 175/1 e/w

E/W CROSS DOUBLES

R. Henley @125/1   or   D. Berger @ 150/1       with   N. Lashley @66/1  or  V.Covello @75/1

TOP 5 CROSS DOUBLES

M.Leishman  or  W. Simpson    with    Steven Ihm  or  J.Teater  

B. Watson  or  X.Schauffele    with   C.Ortiz  or  N.Lashley

SAVER BET

R. McIlroy  or D. Johnson   with  C. Champ or  W. Roach

Th Th Th That's all folks!!!!   Good Luck everyone

:keeeemon:

• Keeemon 2

1 hour ago, Crunchienut said:

Right, I got my two main picks and the rest are outsiders of varying degrees. Apparently the course most like this one in the US is TPC Southwind where they play the St Jude Classic, this year won by DJ. So he has to go in a saver bet minimum. Previous to this, the event was one twice by Daniel Berger, so he's in. The Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass is also another good course for pointers so a few of the players are picked from that line of form. I have done a few doubles with the players from the Web.Com tour event. I have zero knowledge on the players so have just gone on recent form.

PGA CHAMPIONSHIP

Brooks Koepka @ 22/1 win only

Bubba Watson @ 66/1 e/w

C. Revie @ 300/1 e/w

A. Putnam @ 200/1 e/w 

Whee Kim @ 300/1 e/w

Si Woo Kim @ 175/1 e/w

E/W CROSS DOUBLES

R. Henley @125/1   or   D. Berger @ 150/1       with   N. Lashley @66/1  or  V.Covello @75/1

TOP 5 CROSS DOUBLES

M.Leishman  or  W. Simpson    with    Steven Ihm  or  J.Teater  

B. Watson  or  X.Schauffele    with   C.Ortiz  or  N.Lashley

SAVER BET

R. McIlroy  or D. Johnson   with  C. Champ or  W. Roach

Th Th Th That's all folks!!!!   Good Luck everyone

:keeeemon:

Am on a break from betting at the moment, but surely Bubba at 66/1 must be a good bet?

Seen him @80's in some places. he played really well in France, what, just over a month ago. So his game can't be that awful. He is going to be a captain's pick regardless, but i think he personally, even if he can't make the team, wants to show Bjorn that he has some form. So hopefully that pride will show through this week and lead to a good result. Incredible price. Bubba opened up at 70's in places I don't have an account, but took him at 66's and I thought that was a steal too for a guy that's won 3 times this year.

Nice save with that special bet @Shades111 ?. Didn't Tyrell get you a return too? Bittersweet weekend  for me really. Had a whopping 6 bucks on Koepka. That's big for me btw hahaha. But then pissed off Adam Scott turned up to the party a week late for me. Showed good solid form in recent weeks and totally forgot about him for this. Both Daniel Berger and Nate Lashley were one shot shy of completing a tasty e/w double. As was Chez Revie, one shot out of the e/w places @ 300/1. Grrrrr.  Teater come second at a nice price on the Web.com tour but had nothing to go with him. Webb Simpson threatened the top 10 but never close to a top 5 to complete the double with Teater. But Koepka made me around 110 profit on the weekend so I shouldn't moan. Nice to get a win after the blank of last week.

Try to catch the early prices for the Wyndham a bit later. The Nordea Masters is on a new course so don't have a clue on that one yet. Catch you on our normal thread.

PS. I may have to eat another slice of humble pie about Tiger. He's looking menacing again and getting very consistent. I do get pissed off at the amount commentators go on about him though.....

• Good Luck! 2

5 hours ago, Crunchienut said:

Nice save with that special bet @Shades111 ?. Didn't Tyrell get you a return too? Bittersweet weekend  for me really. Had a whopping 6 bucks on Koepka. That's big for me btw hahaha. But then pissed off Adam Scott turned up to the party a week late for me. Showed good solid form in recent weeks and totally forgot about him for this. Both Daniel Berger and Nate Lashley were one shot shy of completing a tasty e/w double. As was Chez Revie, one shot out of the e/w places @ 300/1. Grrrrr.  Teater come second at a nice price on the Web.com tour but had nothing to go with him. Webb Simpson threatened the top 10 but never close to a top 5 to complete the double with Teater. But Koepka made me around 110 profit on the weekend so I shouldn't moan. Nice to get a win after the blank of last week.

Try to catch the early prices for the Wyndham a bit later. The Nordea Masters is on a new course so don't have a clue on that one yet. Catch you on our normal thread.

PS. I may have to eat another slice of humble pie about Tiger. He's looking menacing again and getting very consistent. I do get pissed off at the amount commentators go on about him though.....

well done with your win on koepka mate . no i didnt get anything from hatton , i got squeezed out of places for top8 , i broke about even i think .

yea tiger mate , beware , hes gonna win eventually !!