FOOTBALL COMPETITION

Guest Miller26

Guest Jake.
2 hours ago, Crunchienut said:

Cheers for starting the thread..... This can work for half a season or full season.

Will need 20 players, each representing a Prem league team. But this is only for the purpose of working out a head to head fixture list (saves work having to do one when its already done).

The game: Each week a certain number of fixtures is selected 3,4 or 5 probably (say 3 for now) and whomever gets the correct result (Home win/ Draw/ Away win) scores a point so 3 games, 3 correct predictions is 3 points. If your opponent on the day only gets 2 correct you win 3-2. Yes? Then you will get 3 points for a win as per the premiership. Like wise you both get em all wrong is a draw or one result each and and both get a point. I or someone else could decide what fixtures are in play in a particular game week and could be done a few weeks in advance so people on holiday could leave their predictions in advance. There be No point having say Man City home to Cardiff as it's too easy. More Even fixtures will be chosen.

A League table could then be drawn up, as per the premiership. Like i said this can be done for half a season whereby everyone plays each other once, or a full season?

Might have to ask Villa or Hackz for help with a table tho but I'm sure there will be a site somewhere on the interweb where its already done or can show you how??

It's only an acorn at the moment. Not sure if it's too hard work, but that can be shared I'm sure in due course. Plus, we would need a full compliment of players cos working out a fixture list would take ages otherwise. What you think? Again any thoughts/changes welcome.

didnt see your reply earlier, ive seen something like this before and the concept is spot on, we would need some one willing to take lead and willing to give a good few hours a week to organise and update the table etc but this could work 100% , enough interest and im sure hackz could work his magic and get it integrated onto the tables tab on the site, you seem like you have it all worked out but defo count me in haha 

24 minutes ago, Jakefraser94 said:

didnt see your reply earlier, ive seen something like this before and the concept is spot on, we would need some one willing to take lead and willing to give a good few hours a week to organise and update the table etc but this could work 100% , enough interest and im sure hackz could work his magic and get it integrated onto the tables tab on the site, you seem like you have it all worked out but defo count me in haha 

Where did you see something similar? Can have a gander then. As the fixtures are already created it's just about collating the info each week from everyone, shouldn't take long. It's creating the table that worries me. If scores are easy to input, it should only take a few mins and the table is automatically updated. In theory.?

@MrUKHackz as Jake suggested, how hard is it for you to use a similar template you have set up for the poker league, and make one for a football league? If it is possible, then I assume only you or a mod would be able to update it?

Anyway, if it's a no go, no worries mate. Hope you will still join in.

BTW are you joining our Goodwood Cup next week? Draw is next Monday. Same goes for you @Not Now Cato and @howfinI have reserved the last 3 spots for you. Cheers guys

• Keeemon 1

Appreciate the offer just like the Saturday Racing Comp you do / run but Football just isn't my fetish, I catch the odd game or sit and watch highlights on a Saturday night if I'm bored but that's it.

It's a case of if the heart isn't fully in it then why just take part for the sake of it.

I sincerely hope the numbers you need come forward  and best of luck 

5 minutes ago, MrUKHackz said:

That took 15 minutes, don't ask me how I do it, judge me by my results! :bigsmile:

Haha. Love the office. Watched a few old episodes recently. Never get bored of it. 

Although I'm ok with computers and that I'm rubbish with spreadsheets so would struggle with tables and that. 

Last time I tried to use a spreadsheet I ended up in debenhams 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Brownman24 said:

Any thoughts on this?, had to sacrifice in key areas for the big boys

26EFF1EE-3B9A-4B3B-B69E-812E6CBB2D3A.png

Yeah we will do one of the fantasy things too I guess. Sun is easy as you don't have to change players every week, only get a few subs etc etc. If you create a league post up the code for it...I'm in for sure. I got a title to defend....

16 hours ago, Miller26 said:

Hi people, crunchienut has come up with a really good idea for a football competition to run throughout the premier league season. We just need to know who’s interested? 

Please comment below so confirm your interest. Thanks I’m adv guys and girls 

Will have a go, but if my geeky football algo's ( i know jack about the football either!!) are anything like my new horse underdog

betting ones, it could be a one way street for "teampoker" :cup:

sounds good mate count me in depending on numbers you could split into 2 divisions with promotion and relegation each league could run for lets say 2- 3 months also do the teams have to be from the premiership? as you might find we will be picking the results for the same teams each week if your going to exclude the likes of man utd man city etc, Im in though