Popsiow

What’s too many sports bets, is this too many ??

Recommended Posts

I have recently been sports betting and mainly been picking the favourites. Most of the bets consists of a definite outcome - a winner and a looser (mostly tennis/baseball etc)

As well as picking outright winners I have also parlayed favourites to get a better price (with some success so far)

What’s considered too many bets for a day and am I just being mental 

 

0B160EF9-F953-47DD-94B2-A2641F84F007.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Miller26

No your not being mental mate but there’s two things to take in to consideration 

1 . Money 

probably the single biggest thing is to set a budget and never ever go over it win or lose . 

 

2. Time 

it’s not really considered to be a major factor by a lot of people but if your spending all day gambling wether winning or not it will become mentally draining and you end up neglecting hobbies , family etc.

hope this helps mate ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miller is spot on really. You need something else in your life other than gambling. It becomes a chore rather than a hobby otherwise 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fudge me !!! 

117 bets on the line !!!

That is a lot of bets

Never seen someone place that much ?

Good luck by the way ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

No your not being mental mate but there’s two things to take in to consideration 

1 . Money 

probably the single biggest thing is to set a budget and never ever go over it win or lose . 

 

2. Time 

it’s not really considered to be a major factor by a lot of people but if your spending all day gambling wether winning or not it will become mentally draining and you end up neglecting hobbies , family etc.

hope this helps mate ?

Totally agree mate, the mental side of gambling is so often overlooked, as well as the affect it has on family and friends. I remember during my bad times my daughter asked me if her old daddy can come back. Now l never bet more than 10% of my income and do many other non gambling related hobbies. Saying that, l do spend most of my time on this forum when am supposed to be working ?

Edited by Markymark
correction
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Totally agree mate, the mental side of gambling is so often overlooked, as well as the affect it has on family and friends. I remember during my bad times my daughter asked me if her old daddy can come back. Now l never bet more than 10% of my income and do many other non gambling related hobbies. Saying that, l do spend most of my time on this forum when am supposed to be working ?

The forum is free and you get to speak to top blokes like that David guy 

  • Like 1
  • Get In There! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest centipede

also as well pokerstars sports betting selections and odds are complete shite. theres better value to be had pretty much anywhere else.

I would have recommended skybet to you if I wasnt now restricted to pennies.

other than that I guess any UK highstreet bookie's website, or betfair.

you just gotta ditch pokerstars sportsbook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im not concerned about your amount of bets

im more concerned why you would want to bet on a site where the odds are shorter than everywhere else online on absolutely everything .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Miller26
12 minutes ago, centipede said:

also as well pokerstars sports betting selections and odds are complete shite. theres better value to be had pretty much anywhere else.

I would have recommended skybet to you if I wasnt now restricted to pennies.

other than that I guess any UK highstreet bookie's website, or betfair.

you just gotta ditch pokerstars sportsbook

Skybet have taken a massive share of the market for that reason mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest centipede
4 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

Skybet have taken a massive share of the market for that reason mate 

true. and have also been bought out by pokerstars, so can see them going the same way as the pokerstars sportsbook given enough time! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Miller26
5 minutes ago, centipede said:

true. and have also been bought out by pokerstars, so can see them going the same way as the pokerstars sportsbook given enough time! 

Yes mate I’ve heard they have been limiting a lot of accounts like yours 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shades111 said:

im not concerned about your amount of bets

im more concerned why you would want to bet on a site where the odds are shorter than everywhere else online on absolutely everything .

Reason being is I’m fairly new to sports betting and had money on Stars. Didn’t want the hassle of opening an account elsewhere and having to jump through hoops to verify it and then decide sports betting ain’t for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Popsiow said:

Reason being is I’m fairly new to sports betting and had money on Stars. Didn’t want the hassle of opening an account elsewhere and having to jump through hoops to verify it and then decide sports betting ain’t for me. 

verifying your account is hardly a hassle , it takes minutes , the amount of equity you are losing by betting on this site is huge , i would strongly advise you to google oddschecker and look at some of the prices you are taking and how high they are elsewhere , sports betting is hard enough without losing money by taking under the true odds .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest centipede

Opening accounts couldnt be easier, its only if you want to withdraw anything that you hit the brickwall of verifying ?

Are you American by any chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, centipede said:

Opening accounts couldnt be easier, its only if you want to withdraw anything that you hit the brickwall of verifying ?

Are you American by any chance?

Nope from the Uk 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Miller26
2 minutes ago, Popsiow said:

Nope from the Uk 

What are you betting on mate ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

What are you betting on mate ?

Tennis, Baseball, Basketball and Cricket are the main ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest centipede
7 minutes ago, Popsiow said:

Nope from the Uk 

They only time I ever hear someone use the word 'parlay' instead of saying an accumulator is when ive spoken to Americans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, centipede said:

They only time I ever hear someone use the word 'parlay' instead of saying an accumulator is when ive spoken to Americans

Hence I’m new and most my research has been from watching American pundits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Miller26
6 minutes ago, Popsiow said:

Tennis, Baseball, Basketball and Cricket are the main ones

It’s obviously up to you what you bet on but try to become an expert on one sport , that way you will minimise your loses or if your very luck make a few quid . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Miller26
7 minutes ago, centipede said:

They only time I ever hear someone use the word 'parlay' instead of saying an accumulator is when ive spoken to Americans

I’ve never heard that one before ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest centipede

If you do decide to carry on sports betting, you will want to open a few accounts at various bookies so you can get the best odds.

The betfair exchange site would be best if you were doing singles on the tennis. There will be no liquidity there for baseball/basketball or cricket, so you would have to use a sportsbook for those. 

Again its all about shopping around and getting the value for your money, obviously when you do have a winning bet you want to pick up as much profit as possible instead of having to take a lower amount due to only being able to bet on one site.

It can be a lot of fun if you can stay in control

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, centipede said:

If you do decide to carry on sports betting, you will want to open a few accounts at various bookies so you can get the best odds.

The betfair exchange site would be best if you were doing singles on the tennis. There will be no liquidity there for baseball/basketball or cricket, so you would have to use a sportsbook for those. 

Again its all about shopping around and getting the value for your money, obviously when you do have a winning bet you want to pick up as much profit as possible instead of having to take a lower amount due to only being able to bet on one site.

It can be a lot of fun if you can stay in control

Cheers, I will take all advice I can. (That includes everyone)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GordonChef04 said:

what do you guys think? can i win over this bet?

juventus.PNG

Not really sure about this, but hopefully it comes in for you chef. I will be hoping for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now