Betfred - Didn't take my money?

pillzandskillz

So i asked the girlfriend to put a tenner on a dog for me down at the bookies or it could of been a player i forget now. Anyhow , shes phoned me up after shes placed the bet and said i've got to much money on me? I said hows that , she said they must of forgot to take the 10 quid stake off me in the shop. Now im a firm believer in good Karma what goes around does indeed come around and i know the bookies are seen as a evil enterprise by many but neither me or her could have that tenner docked from the ladies wage for making a small mistake. So she went back in and gave it back. 

Shes just gone down again today to place a bet for me on England , and the lady behind the till gave her the tenner back and said thats for being honest it could of been deducted out of my wage not a lot of people would of came back.

• Good Luck! 1
  • Keeemon 2

Wages are not deducted out counter staffs wages and what is settled at the counter is settled, that's why they have signs up telling you to check payouts before you exit the shop

Same with checking a price etc, most things can only be sorted before you exit the shop, most things are less on your side after you exit

• 4 weeks later...

On one of my first visits to Sandown, I found myself short of money before even getting to the course, the crew I went with meant a round was mightily expensive!! Anyhow, on getting to the course, I saw a race at Doncaster and decided to try to 'buy' some additonal funds via staking £50 on a 4/5 fav. I asked for the price, but they said it had changed, although I heard the guy next to me getting 4/5. After a bit of an argument, it was established the guy next to me was getting a price for another race, so I said yes give me the price it is now. They put 8/11 on the ticket and gave me the slip and I walked off to watch the race, realised moments later I had not actually paid for the bet!! I wasnt called back, although I was nervously watching the till area as the horse won comfortably. I waited a full 20 minutes before the guy who took my bet moved away from his till, walked to another till and collected my 'winnings'. Did I feel guilty? A bit if im honest. Was I comfortable with my free bet? Indeed I was, I dont think many get much out of the bookies, so I took it as a bit of luck and enjoyed the day. 

42 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

On one of my first visits to Sandown, I found myself short of money before even getting to the course, the crew I went with meant a round was mightily expensive!! Anyhow, on getting to the course, I saw a race at Doncaster and decided to try to 'buy' some additonal funds via staking £50 on a 4/5 fav. I asked for the price, but they said it had changed, although I heard the guy next to me getting 4/5. After a bit of an argument, it was established the guy next to me was getting a price for another race, so I said yes give me the price it is now. They put 8/11 on the ticket and gave me the slip and I walked off to watch the race, realised moments later I had not actually paid for the bet!! I wasnt called back, although I was nervously watching the till area as the horse won comfortably. I waited a full 20 minutes before the guy who took my bet moved away from his till, walked to another till and collected my 'winnings'. Did I feel guilty? A bit if im honest. Was I comfortable with my free bet? Indeed I was, I dont think many get much out of the bookies, so I took it as a bit of luck and enjoyed the day. 

Couldn't do that.