Euro 24 Chat Thread

david1111

The pressure is on Germany, Scotland are seen as the groups no hopers. It would be folly to write off the Scots, let’s not forget they beat Spain at Hampden and were unlucky not to get a result in Madrid. 

It’s difficult to see anything other than a German victory. The Scottish team however are made up of players who ply their trade weekly in the best league on the planet, they won’t be daunted by the Germans. The biggest worry is the amount of injuries being picked up which is gutting having been uninvolved in major competition for some time.

England have a good chance of picking up the trophy this year, the only concern among the fans is Southgate’s ability to lead them to glory, the decision to leave Grealish out could either be a master stroke or sheer stupidity ( I wish Scotland had such hard decisions to make 😂 ).

I think the 9/1 on Spain to lift the honours is a massive price.

Slovakia could spring a few upsets along the way. Hammered Wales in a friendly on Sunday, looked a real paced team who can shoot from anywhere and cause problems.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blacko said:

The pressure is on Germany, Scotland are seen as the groups no hopers. It would be folly to write off the Scots, let’s not forget they beat Spain at Hampden and were unlucky not to get a result in Madrid. 

It’s difficult to see anything other than a German victory. The Scottish team however are made up of players who ply their trade weekly in the best league on the planet, they won’t be daunted by the Germans. The biggest worry is the amount of injuries being picked up which is gutting having been uninvolved in major competition for some time.

England have a good chance of picking up the trophy this year, the only concern among the fans is Southgate’s ability to lead them to glory, the decision to leave Grealish out could either be a master stroke or sheer stupidity ( I wish Scotland had such hard decisions to make 😂 ).

I think the 9/1 on Spain to lift the honours is a massive price.

Slovakia could spring a few upsets along the way. Hammered Wales in a friendly on Sunday, looked a real paced team who can shoot from anywhere and cause problems.

Defeat for Germany in the opening game in front of a home crowd will be out of the question. 

I hope we see a surprise, but I just can't see it.

As far as England are concerned, I hope I'm wrong, but I cant see them winning it. Defensively they look vulnerable and up against top strikers they may struggle to cope. 

I also don't see a lot of creativity in the way they play. They look clueless at times.

I agree that Southgate has had his chance and I'll be surprised if this is not his last major tournament win or lose.

Edited by david1111

I would love to see Scotland cause and upset, and I think they will in the group just not against Germany. I think this German team will be better than we have seen them in a while. They have a lot of new talent coming through the likes of Florian Wirtz, Jamal musiala, mixed with the older generation who are all still performing at the highest level, Toni Kroos, Manuel Neuer, İlkay Gündoğan, even Thomas Muller always turns up for Germany on the international stage. I think they could go all the way. 

I’ve had a tenner on this as I don’t think it’s at all crazy as the odds suggest. 

IMG_7803.jpeg

• Good Luck! 3

11 hours ago, Aarongeorge1989 said:

I would love to see Scotland cause and upset, and I think they will in the group just not against Germany. I think this German team will be better than we have seen them in a while. They have a lot of new talent coming through the likes of Florian Wirtz, Jamal musiala, mixed with the older generation who are all still performing at the highest level, Toni Kroos, Manuel Neuer, İlkay Gündoğan, even Thomas Muller always turns up for Germany on the international stage. I think they could go all the way. 

I’ve had a tenner on this as I don’t think it’s at all crazy as the odds suggest. 

IMG_7803.jpeg

I did that one as well, also stuck a couple of quid on this.

image.thumb.png.d70434246b9533529ac05013ceef98e7.png

• Good Luck! 3

On 11/06/2024 at 16:15, david1111 said:

Defeat for Germany in the opening game in front of a home crowd will be out of the question. 

I hope we see a surprise, but I just can't see it.

As far as England are concerned, I hope I'm wrong, but I cant see them winning it. Defensively they look vulnerable and up against top strikers they may struggle to cope. 

I also don't see a lot of creativity in the way they play. They look clueless at times.

I agree that Southgate has had his chance and I'll be surprised if this is not his last major tournament win or lose.

As someone who only watches football occasionally , as in once a decade or so ,I expect England will scrape through into third and lose at least one match along the way .  I expect Spain to do well and France also …..  on Germany i havent a clue ….. 

1 hour ago, Solario333 said:

As someone who only watches football occasionally , as in once a decade or so ,I expect England will scrape through into third and lose at least one match along the way .  I expect Spain to do well and France also …..  on Germany i havent a clue ….. 

This will probably only be your 6th game then since we won the world cup. Lot of heartache saved there 

• Ha Haa 1

1 hour ago, Solario333 said:

Motson.JPG

• Ha Haa 5

52 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

BET365   doing a super boost on over 0.5 goals in the first half for the Germany V Scotland game  even money   ( from 3/10)

Nice one, I've had 4 torn fivers on it

• Good Luck! 3
  • Get In! 1