A few Ayrshire snaps

Bangers

41 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Been that Taxi driver many times mate,  the old days at Glasgow airport were simple, drop off point and away,  before some FUDGE came up with the idea of paying, which is another utter piss take. 

A lot of Ayrshire has went badly downhill,  when I was a kid we'd always go to Saltcoats or Ayr, I loved watching the fishing boats come in and was fascinated watching all the Hussle & bussle along with all the smell etc. 

There was a permanent fair beside the swimming pool at Ayr too,  was always busy and we'd usually finish off a day trip in there before the standard chippy before heading back home,  mind doing my pocket money many times on fruit machines that were rigged tae feck,  had a couple of daft fights too when I was a bit older,  all flats now as you'll know. 

Still mind Hanger 13 in Ayr,  only went about 3 times before that girl died from the E and they closed it down, mind you putting up the image a while back from the little arcade, that place was always rammed when I was younger.

Heads Of Ayr was once pretty good,  the old Butlins.  

I keep asking them “Why Prestwick” and they say it’s cheaper, yeah not for fucking me it ain’t. 4 trips from Airdrie to Prestwick with a £6 parking charge each time.

The old Butlins used to be a laugh but it ran its course and ended up getting infested by Ned’s, I was there one afternoon where there were two gangs kicking the shit out each other in the middle of the place. It’s now a haven park where a caravan stay is more expensive than a week in Turkey. I still visit Ayr but try to make it midweek to avoid the dafties, I still play those shite puggies and pay too much for a fish supper 😂

The other place I used to frequent was Fleetwood, the Cala Gran caravan park right next to the river Wyre and not far from where Nicola Bulley drowned ( never in a million years drowned at that bench ). The Cala Gran used to be a great site with the bus stop for Blackpool right at the front gate. As I got older I used to get to fuck out of Blackpool before 11 as it’s a rough old place at night. I always preferred staying at Fleetwood for some reason. Sadly that is also a Haven park now and affordable, why would I pay over a grand to stay in a tin shell when I can holiday in Marbella for the same price!!!.

3 hours ago, Blacko said:

I always preferred staying at Fleetwood for some reason

I know Fleetwood pretty well,  was always fond of Cleveleys 

Not been back to Blackpool since the last hook-up,  that being September 2018 

Pains me saying it what with so much history with the Town but it's a real shithole now,  just can't be classed as a holiday or break now, such a shame as it was a good place years back,  I hope it can make a return but doubt Id be around to see that. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bangers said:

Royal Troon about Complete 

20240708_165344.jpg

20240708_165341.jpg

20240708_165641.jpg

I was looking at attending the open but cannot bring myself to spend the money. Very few tickets and  have to set up an account to buy one  and then add in travel and accommodation  it cost more than a years sky sub with the internet ffs.   I remember going as a teen  and turning up and paying in on the day.  It was still pretty expensive even then.   You can go see the Scottish Open  for a third of the price this week.

It is a bit like Wimbledon which I went to a couple of times when younger  dear enough but a full days entertainment .   I remember telling my mates daughter I would take her to see the semi final  matches on centre court   around 35 years ago when I was earning good money.  I phoned up one of those adverts in the Times for debenture tickets   and they wanted 1500 quid a ticket    so even though I could afford it  I was not paying that much,  I doubt if you would get much change out of 10k with the way things have gone nowadays 

10 minutes ago, Blacko said:

19000 steps wiped oot by the pizza crunch supper oot the Barassie chippy. 😂

add in some Deep fried  Mars bars and chips  and there are not enough steps in the day to wipe that out

• Ha Haa 1

29 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

I was looking at attending the open but cannot bring myself to spend the money. Very few tickets and  have to set up an account to buy one  and then add in travel and accommodation  it cost more than a years sky sub with the internet ffs.   I remember going as a teen  and turning up and paying in on the day.  It was still pretty expensive even then.   You can go see the Scottish Open  for a third of the price this week.

It is a bit like Wimbledon which I went to a couple of times when younger  dear enough but a full days entertainment .   I remember telling my mates daughter I would take her to see the semi final  matches on centre court   around 35 years ago when I was earning good money.  I phoned up one of those adverts in the Times for debenture tickets   and they wanted 1500 quid a ticket    so even though I could afford it  I was not paying that much,  I doubt if you would get much change out of 10k with the way things have gone nowadays 

Expensive is Golf, not my thing at all 

Read a few weeks ago Tiger Woods Polo shirts are selling for £140 

What we noticed today was all the Roads around the Course have all been renewed,  they can always find the money when they want2 provide a good image 

Just bring a tent and a set of good wire cutters,   or wrap a Palestinian flag around you  

25 minutes ago, Blacko said:

19000 steps wiped oot by the pizza crunch supper oot the Barassie chippy. 😂

Fake News 

Man had less than the girl AND the hungry dug,  moderation Rocket man, moderation, they don't call me snake hips for nothing 

Anytime You want a walk around Ayrshire you just let me know,  or a Jog  

25 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Expensive is Golf, not my thing at all 

Read a few weeks ago Tiger Woods Polo shirts are selling for £140 

What we noticed today was all the Roads around the Course have all been renewed,  they can always find the money when they want2 provide a good image 

Just bring a tent and a set of good wire cutters,   or wrap a Palestinian flag around you  

It is not just tennis and golf.   It is 150 quid for a ticket to this weeks test match   Silverstone was over 500 quid for the weekend   and  yet they are sold out. Things like  Taylor Swift in Dublin  sold out 3 nights with no problem and loads of people unable to get tickets  Glastonbury as well   Even Stevie Nicks at the 3 arena in Dublin was over 200 quid a ticket no wonder these old timers keep touring as pensioners !

when I was younger I attended a good few sporting events not so sure I would nowadays.   How do people do it with families ?   I know they do cheaper kids tickets  but it still must be a nightmare.

I think the only thing I regret missing when I was younger was Live Aid at Wembley  but I was not a massive music buff.  I did go to Pavarotti in the park where I remember we all got soaked but at it was it was free in.  This was shown on BBC last night but it was much better live

Like you I do not mind a good walk  and taking in what is around me nowadays  you can get good boots for less than these event tickets !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

It is not just tennis and golf.   It is 150 quid for a ticket to this weeks test match   Silverstone was over 500 quid for the weekend   and  yet they are sold out. Things like  Taylor Swift in Dublin  sold out 3 nights with no problem and loads of people unable to get tickets  Glastonbury as well   Even Stevie Nicks at the 3 arena in Dublin was over 200 quid a ticket no wonder these old timers keep touring as pensioners€ !

when I was younger I attended a good few sporting events not so sure I would nowadays.   How do people do it with families ?   I know they do cheaper kids tickets  but it still must be a nightmare.

I think the only thing I regret missing when I was younger was Live Aid at Wembley  but I was not a massive music buff.  I did go to Pavarotti in the park where I remember we all got soaked but at it was it was free in.  This was shown on BBC last night but it was much better live

Like you I do not mind a good walk  and taking in what is around me nowadays  you can get good boots for less than these event tickets !

Yip things are just crazy 

My daughter was in Ibiza last week with a few friends, she was saying today one of the Clubs wanted €140 entry,  for A CLUB,  C'mon 

Been also watching a few uploads on Blackpool,  On the day entry for the pleasure beach is £50 - imagine driving there with a family of FOUR then getting some fish & chips,  you could easily be around £300 after fuel and maybe a coke or 99'R in the park for the kids or all 4 

Some of the uploads are also showing ride attractions not working,  People just don't have that kind of spare cash now,  and if ride attractions aren't working that word spreads now what with the Interweb. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Yip things are just crazy 

My daughter was in Ibiza last week with a few friends, she was saying today one of the Clubs wanted €140 entry,  for A CLUB,  C'mon 

Been also watching a few uploads on Blackpool,  On the day entry for the pleasure beach is £50 - imagine driving there with a family of FOUR then getting some fish & chips,  you could easily be around £300 after fuel and maybe a coke or 99'R in the park for the kids or all 4 

Some of the uploads are also showing ride attractions not working,  People just don't have that kind of spare cash now,  and if ride attractions aren't working that word spreads now what with the Interweb. 

There really are too many rip offs nowadays . Watching you tube it would seem that fish and chips is a treat  and not a staple nowadays

Edited by philinvicta
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

There really are too many rip offs nowadays . Watching you tube it would seem that fish and chips is a treat  and not a staple nowadays

Lots of people stand in chippy putting over their order,  some of the cost is staggering,  those crazy orders - £80 or more 

As a kid me and my sister never got fish & chips,  we got chips. 

17 hours ago, Bangers said:

As a kid me and my sister never got fish & chips,  we got chips. 

My Dad used to say you kids want fish and chips tonight?

He'd then get us a battered sausage and chips!

@MrUKHackz

One year we didn't go away a holiday my old man would just take us away day trips, Ayrshire coastal places and weather permitting, the rule was my Sister could take a pal one day then I could take a pal.

This day I took my mate who lived just around the corner from my Dad,  his Dad was also pals with my Dad, he was VERY Cocky and his family household was VERY different to mine. 

On the way back from a day at the coast my old man stops beside a chippy, leans over his seat and asks all three of us what we want ?  Me and my Sister knew the correct answer ......... Chips Please! 

My mate Jim answers ....... FISH & Chips Thanks! 

Old man gets out the cars and returns with the big chippy parcel of old newspaper,  hands my mum her parcel ''Fish & Chips'' - leans over and hands out a parcel each to me and my sister then my mate Jim last.

Old man and mum start eating away,  mate Jim says ............ Ahhhh where's MA FISH ? 

In the Fuck'n sea Son!

Enjoy Yur CHIPS!