Jump to content

US Masters 2024


david1111

Recommended Posts

US masters starts next Thursday.

Anyone got any fancies?

Scheffler hot favourite on the back of the players win. I wouldn't touch Rory at Augusta.

Koepka looks decent value at 20s. You normally get a run for your money with him

Screenshot_20240404_143144_Chrome.jpg

Edited by david1111
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m going with Tommy fleetwood & Matt Fitzpatrick this year. At fairly decent prices. Scheffler is on great form and no doubt the best in the world currently but as shown at the Houston open it only takes a couple of slip ups and he’s out of it, and 4/1 is too short for me. 
 

Have you watched full swing on Netflix? Great show if you’re a fan of golf especially the Majors. 
 

  • Good Luck! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Aarongeorge1989 said:

I’m going with Tommy fleetwood & Matt Fitzpatrick this year. At fairly decent prices. Scheffler is on great form and no doubt the best in the world currently but as shown at the Houston open it only takes a couple of slip ups and he’s out of it, and 4/1 is too short for me. 
 

Have you watched full swing on Netflix? Great show if you’re a fan of golf especially the Majors. 
 

Yeah I've seen both series of full swing. A good watch

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Not had a bet but the 5/1 on Scheffler is looking quite good now.

He seems to be dealing with the conditions better than anyone.

5/4 to win now!

It was good yo see him laugh when he hit that duff shot earlier ( still managed to be inside Rory ! )

Hovland showed it only takes one hole to undo all the good work with an 8 on the 2nd 

certainly not easy out there now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did a few cross doubles of Henley Matsuyama ( also backed him as my main pick as he was looking good coming into this week and a past winner) and Scheffler with horses in the National

I also took advantage of the superboost to 9/4  on Lowry to finish top 20  

Edited by philinvicta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

It was good yo see him laugh when he hit that duff shot earlier ( still managed to be inside Rory ! )

Hovland showed it only takes one hole to undo all the good work with an 8 on the 2nd 

certainly not easy out there now

I saw the duff shot. He's so relaxed. Conditions are brutal. The wind is even affecting the putting 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

Some way for Dechambeau to birdie 13 there 

He has gone 3 clear of Scheffler  and yet Scheffler still less than 2/1 outright

I'm not a fan of Dechambeau, but his game has got more finesse than it used to have.

I just saw him as the yank John Daly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, david1111 said:

I'm not a fan of Dechambeau, but his game has got more finesse than it used to have.

I just saw him as the yank John Daly

As Daly is a yank as well I guess you meant to say Dechambeau was wank

  • Ha Haa 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

Some way for Dechambeau to birdie 13 there 

He has gone 3 clear of Scheffler  and yet Scheffler still less than 2/1 outright

Bogey against birdie for Scheffler I guess that shows bookies rarely get it that wrong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

Bogey against birdie for Scheffler I guess that shows bookies rarely get it that wrong

Yeah, I would expect Scheffler to finish above Dechambeau.

Willet doing very well. Hope he stays in contention 

Edited by david1111
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Yeah, I would expect Scheffler to finish above Dechambeau.

Willet doing very well. Hope he stays in contention 

Yes it is nice to see Willet playing so well after the hard time he had  .  Hope he manages to keep going over the week end as it will be so hard  having played so little golf

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, philinvicta said:

Willet just triple bogeyed 18 to fall back to 1 under.  Still high on the leaderboard but a lot of ground given away

Dissapointing finish, but overall I think he'll be happy with his position 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, philinvicta said:

I did a few cross doubles of Henley Matsuyama ( also backed him as my main pick as he was looking good coming into this week and a past winner) and Scheffler with horses in the National

I also took advantage of the superboost to 9/4  on Lowry to finish top 20  

I really need Scheffler now as I had 3 of my 4 selections  in the places  including the first 2 .   This has to be the year I did not bother backing my selections due to no Bet365 offer !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...