Somedays You Win

Bangers

2 hours ago, Bangers said:

@Blacko

Special Cargo is in this Video mate,  wee trip down memory lane for you,     the last winner you FK'n tipped on here. 

I enjoy watching those old videos in the betting ring, no laptops, no bet fair, just the punter trying to beat the bookie. 

• Agree 4

Loved that @Bangers

Good times when it was the punter against the bookie.

A bet was honoured without question.  It was a gentleman's agreement. 

Not like now when before a bookie pays they will try and find a way not to pay and still then use delaying tactics.

That's when it was great to go racing as people were there purely for the racing and not just getting pissed waiting for lulu to sing afterwards. 

The good days have long gone sadly 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blacko said:

I enjoy watching those old videos in the betting ring, no laptops, no bet fair, just the punter trying to beat the bookie. 

Same fella 

Id rather watch shows / uploads - Content like that over most of the pish they serve up on TV 

1 hour ago, david1111 said:

Loved that @Bangers

Good times when it was the punter against the bookie.

A bet was honoured without question.  It was a gentleman's agreement. 

Not like now when before a bookie pays they will try and find a way not to pay and still then use delaying tactics.

That's when it was great to go racing as people were there purely for the racing and not just getting pissed waiting for lulu to sing afterwards. 

The good days have long gone sadly 

They sure are David,  the characters are fading away,  I walk past about 6 bookies pretty much on a daily basis,  I always have a glance in through the window adverts, they are all completely dead,  maybe the odd junkie sitting playing a FOBT 

I really can't explain why I now feel I couldn't count out a stack of notes and walk back into a bookies for a bet,  it's like I've finally lost all the nerve I once had,  such a strange feeling,  I value money again and couldn't gamble with it,  just hope that outlook stays. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Bangers said:

I really can't explain why I now feel I couldn't count out a stack of notes and walk back into a bookies for a bet

That’s good news my friend, keep it up.

There is no doubting your horse racing knowledge but you’re risking hard earned on a sport dominated by handicap racing where horses win when the trainer decides

How many times have you heard of plot jobs over the years where a handful of people are privy to such information, the rest of us haven’t a clue. Fuck the lot of them, I don’t give a hoot when I read how much trouble the industry is in.

10 hours ago, Blacko said:

That’s good news my friend, keep it up.

There is no doubting your horse racing knowledge but you’re risking hard earned on a sport dominated by handicap racing where horses win when the trainer decides

How many times have you heard of plot jobs over the years where a handful of people are privy to such information, the rest of us haven’t a clue. Fuck the lot of them, I don’t give a hoot when I read how much trouble the industry is in.

End of the day it's horse racing mate,  those in the know will always know more than us,  you pays your money and takes yur chance.   The mood swings for me were playing a big part, nothing worse than getting mugged via the smallest of margins,  or my talent - backing the RIGHT horse on the WRONG day. 

A fine Example below 

image.png.72505fe2c4e46a2f67b0428cc69765ef.pngimage.png.90e34e86eb9bbba571f6abace20ab1c8.pngimage.png.7a687baaee5beaae0882ea4e8e4f0faa.png

2 hours ago, david1111 said:

Them kind of hits can stay with you for a long time.

Takes some getting over.

Yeh they are cruel David,  could beat myself up for weeks with those results 

The bugger came out after that and won again,  a few mates would send me the results as they had stuck with the horse,  big different in stake though. 

It's like lady luck messing with you,  you look up to the sky and wonder what you've done that's upset her. 

AGAIN.JPG

On 31/03/2024 at 17:54, Bangers said:

@Blacko

Special Cargo is in this Video mate,  wee trip down memory lane for you,     the last winner you FK'n tipped on here. 

I've found a few of these older type videos on you tube.

Really interesting and a good reminder of how it used to be.

If you come across anymore, post them mate as interested to watch.

I didn't post the ones I found as the picture quality was pretty poor

Edited by david1111

1 hour ago, david1111 said:

If you come across anymore, post them mate as interested to watch.

First of all David DON'T EVER TELL ME what to do ok 

IF you did happen to post what you found,  I'd happily watch it,  QTY of picture means nothing,  aint a snob,  mans still got a VHS video recorder 

• Ha Haa 1

20 minutes ago, Bangers said:

First of all David DON'T EVER TELL ME what to do ok 

IF you did happen to post what you found,  I'd happily watch it,  QTY of picture means nothing,  aint a snob,  mans still got a VHS video recorder 

There you go. I'm not going to tell you to watch it. Your choice 😆 

https://youtu.be/VmEbC107xCU?si=NtCVBv9KhvqAiUzQ

• Thanks 1